cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitalism at its best.

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
I needed a new head on my Reese Pro15 hitch. Your Raleigh dealer had one in stock but did not know the price. The PM told the counter person to call Reese for a price. He called as I was standing directly in front of him on the other side of the counter. I overhead his conversation with Reese. They gave him a price of $321. I thought even with a mark up a reasonable price. He wrote the price down right in front of me! He excused himself to speak to the PM. The Parts Manager came to the counter and informed me that my cost for the part would be $500.
I thanked him and left, never to return again.
I bought one from eTrailer for $157 + $42 shipping.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo
20 REPLIES 20

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

markandkim
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd go to CW, but I'm banned.
Retired Navy

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7L
2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Steve_O_Reno
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering what sort of blow back or if his (Marcus) comments were going to come up.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Brownbears wrote:
The CEO of camping world can make a political statement nationally telling people if they follow Trump do not shop at his store, but you remove my comment stating I will not shop there anymore?

Yep because you do not follow the rules. Perhaps you should reread the forum rules
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

jdb7566
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
I have found Camping World to almost always be the most expensive.

They are now. A few months back I did a cost comparison, apples to apples, for items I use on a regular basis. I compared CW with Amazon. Nine of the 10 items I checked, CW was cheaper, but, that is no longer the case.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello amxpress,

Thank you for your time, I apologize for the experience you had at the Raleigh Camping World location. I would like to look into this further. Please provide your contact number in a private message.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
amxpress wrote:
I needed a new head on my Reese Pro15 hitch. Your Raleigh dealer had one in stock but did not know the price. The PM told the counter person to call Reese for a price. He called as I was standing directly in front of him on the other side of the counter. I overhead his conversation with Reese. They gave him a price of $321. I thought even with a mark up a reasonable price. He wrote the price down right in front of me! He excused himself to speak to the PM. The Parts Manager came to the counter and informed me that my cost for the part would be $500.

When will they get it? They lose more customers with stuff like this. I bought theater seats, prepaid, 3-4 weeks. 4 months later they finally have them, now they want to charge more than the prepaid price. It's unbelievable how many horror story's you hear about CW.

When will YOU get it? Camping World is growing and garnering more customers right before your eyes. Camping World is not going anywhere.
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

ThePowells
Explorer
Explorer
AMX, But what about the popcorn? Did you get your free popcorn or was it a totally wasted trip? I like taking the dogs there. My Rat Terrorist wants to go fishing out front.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
amxpress wrote:

When will they get it? They lose more customers with stuff like this. I bought theater seats, prepaid, 3-4 weeks. 4 months later they finally have them, now they want to charge more than the prepaid price. It's unbelievable how many horror story's you hear about CW.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if the price he wrote down was their cost? And the PM would have to figure the store's markup to arrive at the actual price. But that doesn't explain the massive difference vs. the competition.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World has been in business for a long time, regardless of all the complaints about them. Not all Camping World stores are alike. Much has to do with the individual management.

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Seems like they're just playing "store" and really have no idea what they're doing.

They are loosing so much business I doubt they will be around til the end of the week. You "poor" complainers have not noticed you can hardly get into the business because of the crowds waiting to do business. Why don't you complain about Sears or one of the Companies that are hurting?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Seems like they're just playing "store" and really have no idea what they're doing.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Internet is killing the carry out parts business.
CW and others will have to save it for the service department to need the item.

This is exactly why the Federal Reserve is flummoxed with low inflation. Easy to do a nation wide search for best price. The world has never been so competitive as it is today.

CW and others are running a convenience store like 7-11 for RV goods. Never going to be the low price leader.