cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

At the CG do you mainly use the CG showers or your RV's?

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
Last time we were at a CG I noticed quite a few CG showers, you had to introduce quarters to take a shower.
How many of Y'all use the CG showers? Do some of you Exclusively use your RV's shower?
109 REPLIES 109

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
We normally use the shower in our RV, and soft water from home. Most places we camp have hard, mineral laden water that just doesn't cut it.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

JonWalter
Explorer
Explorer
From our personal experience, we use the onboard shower all the time. If we camp with full hookups it's just more convenient and more reliable. If we have no sewer hookup and the campground shower is suitable we will use it to save gray water space. Of course if we're out in the boonies there's no choice.

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
We use our camper facilities! We would have kept the bathroomless pop-up if we wanted to use their facilities.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we have to camp in a campground instead of drycamping, we use either our RV's shower or the CG showers. Our main negative issues with CG showers are that the water temperature often can't be adjusted hot enough, or the shower head water spray is a terrible pattern, or the overall water pressure is poor, or last but by no means least - you have to drop quarters into the slot to keep showering ... it's really a tick-off when you didn't bring enough quarters along!

Ignoring the pay-for-the-shower irritation, I guess basically that it comes down to the "shower quality" at campgrounds being all over the map. At least our RV's shower is what it is so that we know what to expect each and every time we use it.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
I believe if we had to go back to cg showers we would sell out rving for good and just travel and stay in hotels. One of the major reasons we have an rv is to know who ate, slept, used the toilet and showered in it last. We got enough of using the cg showers when we started out tent camping.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

Rock_Wells
Explorer
Explorer
Campground shower IF it's clean, and well equipped.
Rock & Nan Wells
'17 Ram Laramie 3500 Diesel 4x4
'17 Keystone Sprinter 297FWRLS FW

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
In warmer weather we swim in lakes and creeks a lot. I usually take a shower on the days when we end up in an RV park. Most campgrounds in the West built by the USFS and NPS do not have showers. I rarely take a shower in the rig.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
I shower in my RV. My motorhome is my home. I pee, poop and shower in my house where my toiletries and clothes are nearby. And who of us has not gotten out of the shower all squeeky clean and flopped on the bed for a nap ๐Ÿ™‚
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I rarely use the RV shower. In fact I don't often fire up the hot water heater. In warm weather I use a solar shower or the outside shower. We camp in the boondocks mostly and find an RV park once in awhile to refresh tanks, charge the batteries, and take a shower.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
We travel all over the USA in a truck camper, and use our own facilities - small, convenience, and that's why we bought it. Works well, we shower every other day, can get plenty clean in between ... a lot cleaner than the old days of tents and dry camp.

We spend two / three+ months at a time about two or three times a year ... and some other shorter trips.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
We use our shower almost exclusively. Each new RV has brought better bathroom facilities. In the event of a longer period without dump facilities I have used the campground shower my DW has never used a CG shower that I know of. I think using a CG shower may be a little more related to the size of the shower in the RV and the age of the people.
We have a large corner shower and a 10 gal. fast recover water heater.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Love the campground shower in an unheated bathouse at a state park....in late Oct or early Nov when it's about 40. Nothing better in the morning.

And someone has let their dog carp on the sidewalk by the door.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Love the campground shower in an unheated bathouse at a state park....in late Oct or early Nov when it's about 40. Nothing better in the morning.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of the time I like to use the shower in my RV, because I like to shower an hour or two before I go to sleep (and get rid of the campfire smoke) and I do fine with minimalist showers. My daughter has long thick hair, likes to wash it in the morning, needs to wash it in the morning, prefers the unlimited water supply and higher flow rates of campground showers.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B