cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

COE Campgrounds

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Do most COE campgrounds accept the senior pass for half off their campgrounds? I have searched different ones but seems like you have to book a site to find this out. We are curious cause when we full time these will be our first choice of stays. Thank you Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
24 REPLIES 24

retispcsi
Explorer
Explorer
COE is part of Recreation.gov. yes all of the ones I stayed at do.
2015 Mobile Suites 38 RSSA. 2014 Ram CC DRW 4x4 60 gal RDS Aisin 4:10.
DW, Shadow, Remington and Ron. Living the good life till the next one arrives.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
If you're gonna be visiting Alabama the COE campground near Demopolis is very nice. If I remember, I think I was able to extend over the 14 day limit as long as space was available for others. It may have been at the discretion of the personnel on duty at the time.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
caysea7254 wrote:
I found out Indiana Coe campgrounds are run by the state of Indiana! just our luck! Tara

Lots of COE projects In the west the campgrounds were sold for an insignificant amount (like $1) to state and local governments who wanted to operate the parks. We've stayed at many of them - you can always tell a COE park in the layout, the way electrical & water lines are placed, etc.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, under the Louisville District of the US Army Corps of Engineers, all the lakes in Indiana and Ohio do not have any COE operated campgrounds.

Thus, the campgrounds on those COE lakes do not accept the Senior Pass, etc.

Apparently this Campground Information is still valid
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
I found out Indiana Coe campgrounds are run by the state of Indiana! just our luck! Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
They don't call it the "Interagency" pass for nothing.
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
There was quite a fuss a couple of years ago when the Forest Service proposed to change the rules regarding discounts for concession contractors running campgrounds. At the time, National Park Service campground concessionaires could give discounts to pass holders but were not required to and many did not. Some gave smaller discounts and some like in Grand Teton NP gave a discount outside of peak season. The Forest Service contracts required the 50% discount. I did not keep up with what the final outcome was.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

georgem2106
Explorer
Explorer
Please provide a link showing where they have to honor the Golden Age pass.

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
DancinCampers wrote:
This applies to National Forest Service CG. We have run into some run by contractors who do not accept the NP pass.

They have to honor the Golden Age Pass. or they are lying to you and the camp host is pocking the difference. Call the management company.
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Every one we have been at gives the 50% off. If you make a reservation thru recreation.gov there is no reservation fee and they figure the discount in for the amount you need to pay.

avan
Explorer
Explorer
They've always honored mine
www.putt10.net

DancinCampers
Explorer II
Explorer II
This applies to National Forest Service CG. We have run into some run by contractors who do not accept the NP pass.
Dan & Sharon (Kasey, Our Yorkie, RIP 9Jan'05-26Jul'17)
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M
2020 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Aventa II, Air Force One

If You Obey All The Rules, You Miss All The Fun

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
There are some COE built campgrounds that are run by contractors. The 'concessionaire' contract does not usually require that the honor of the Senior Pass Discount.

Usually such campgrounds are not marketed as COE Campgrounds and are not reservable on recreation.gov

If you have a question about any specific campground, go to recreation.gov and reserve a spot.

Just choose a date and campsite and work through the process to the checkout point That will give you an exact listing of charges and discounts. Cancel before paying for the site.

Some of us are old enough to remember some campgrounds that we now find are no longer run by the COE.

One of my favorites is a popular now city run park in the Dallas area. Another is a state park in Arkansas.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
caysea7254 wrote:
Thanks everyone! So nice to hear! The reason I asked, Indiana does not give discount. We really love the coe campgrounds we have been to. Tara

That doesn't sound right. COE is part of the Federal Government so the rules on fees shouldn't be determined State by State.