cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Happy Labor Day for all who have no problems keeping roof up

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for some advice concerning a power roof Rockwood pop up. I do not have the model number (my daughter just purchased it) but the roof goes up just fine but as soon as you take your finger off of the jack button it coasts back to the closed position again. I took it apart looking for some sort of brake that is supposed to stop this from happening or a pawl that would prevent a gear from reversing and found neither. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Dealer where she made the purchase is a couple of hundred miles from her home and apparently closed today also. It is a 2016 model with a dinette slide room and a bay window pop out kitchen.

Thanks / Skip
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population
4 REPLIES 4

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same type of power lift on my Flagstaff and it is a P.I.T.A. to say the least. Mine doesn't close all the way but is will lower about 2-3 inches.

I had to take the plastic plug off the side that exposes the gear mechanism and when I get it to the height I want, I just shove something in it to keep is stationary.

There has to be a better way, but I haven't figured it out yet.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Glad your still up and about.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
One of those new, auto-closing models. What will they think of next? ๐Ÿ˜‰

If all else fails prop it with a couple of boards to get by.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Skip......good to see you posting again.

Welcome back!

Check HERE for various Lift System Info
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31