Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Refused entry with a truck & camper
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Refused entry with a truck & camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 20  
Prev  |  Next
south-of-the-border

Albuquerque, New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/17 05:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HEY TEQUILLA

I am at the Reynosa border with my F350... It has nothing to do with the camper not having plates (its cargo not a vehicle), but it is with the GVW! I went to the chief customs officer and he told me the same, no pickup over 1/2 ton - crazy. I have also contacted the Mexico consulate here in McAllen, and the Adventuretours office is publishing the info on their website.

RVing through the Americas
North-Central-South

pezvela

San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/17 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder if they are stopping F350s without a camper?

south-of-the-border

Albuquerque, New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/17 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Received reply from SAT (Mexico Customs) which stated that if I changed my title classification from "pickup con camper" to "casa rodante", that I would be permitted the entrance permit for 10 years.

Checking with motor vehicles, I was told to do a vehicle modification, using the reconstruction form, explaining that the unit was permanently mounted and then it would be a motorhome classification.

tony lee

Iceland 10 weeks, India 4 weeks, US & Mexico 16 we

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/17 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for trying to get some certainty briansue because without solid information there is going to be a big heap of people unable to plan their winter trip and by the sound of it that includes those with fivers, not just truck-campers.

Quote:

If it was the 10-year, why would you turn that in before its expiration?
Because if you never plan on going back, having an uncancelled 10 year TVIP attached to the vehicle can cause major problems if a future buyer of that vehicle wants to go to Mexico

Quote:

"I did it"

"me too"

"me three"
merely guarantees that three people managed it but is no guarantee that the next person will succeed

Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map

Talleyho69

Silver Strand Beach

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/17 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you in a place where you can get your TIP on line?

Check the posting by haciendacontreras. Maybe they know something else that would help you.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/17 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The hysteria has now converged on Baja California crossings. I have read "stories" on other websites about how the GVW issue has "blocked" three-quarter ton and heavier pickups, with and without camper from entering Baja California at Garita 2 San Yisdro / Tijuana.

I just returned from a cardiology appointment in the US. I picked up items at my mail drop that have to be declared in order to get "facturracion" which is a SAT SHCP receipt showing the IVA 16% sales tax had been paid. Otherwise ESTAFETA the nationwide paqueteria package delivery service will not accept anything for shipment. They are so fussy they will not accept a photocopy the original factura is taped to the outside of the parcel.

At 4:00PM weekdays, entering Mexico is always a zoo at San Ysidro. I got into the right lane DECLARACCION lane. Before the stop and go individual booths with red light and cross arm that raises with a green light, at the very beginning of the SAT ADUANA INM complex a paved drive extends around the end of the building and hooks left to a dead end parking area. It has individual parking spaces beneath a canopy.

I pulled in and parked. An Aduanero three vehicles over signaled me to wait. He arrived and examined my receipts. If the receipts are USA or Canadian origin 16% tax applies. Items like repair parts shipped from the orient can be taxed 400%. He filled out a slip and tore it off and handed it to me. I walked over to the steps and entered a large tiled lobby. At the far end stands the SHCP window. He accepted the aduanero's slip typed up and lasered a receipt copy. I then walked back to the entrance and presented the paper to the gal at the Banjercito window. They accept only pesos no USD no credit cards. There are a pair of ATMs in the lobby.

Being I speak Spanish I asked her about vehicle import permits.

"Oh we don't do that here" she replied. "In Otay Mesa, you can get a temporary import permit"

"Are temporary import permits now required to enter Baja California?"

"I have never heard of such a thing"

I drove out of the Aduana parking lot and fenced my way into bumper to bumper traffic queued up for the red green light. The five minute wait allowed enough time to scan other vehicles. I saw 2 duallies with camper one was pulling a boat. A new Dodge Ram 4x4 was alongside but I could only make out it had wheels with 8-studs. They all passed the lights as did I and we sent out separate way.

If rumor and gossip has twisted reality at this border crossing I can only imagine what it has done at two dozen other points.

So, I maintain caution at stories told by folks who have not already crossed and have obtained paperwork proving their claims.

Like I have mentioned before in the 55 years of travel and living here I have met more vacationing CIA agents, billionaire startup executives traveling incognito and veteran Vietnam era Huey door gunners than I had ever imagined possible. That's why I have not spoken one word of Ingles down here in years. I am getting rusty. And if you would believe writing proper English is a guarantee of speaking it without stumbling, I may have some news for you [emoticon]

south-of-the-border

Albuquerque, New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/17 05:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The refusal is still going on, but there is two ways of overcoming :

1. A bribe of $100 to $300 dollars at the border - another traveling with me paid $300 !

2. Change your Truck Camper classification on your title to a MOTORHOME, then the is NO problem..

* note : They are also targeting pickup over 1 ton pulling a travel trailer, as we were told by a tourist pulling a trailer we met in Veracruz. He had paid $200 extra at the border for his permit.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/17 08:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mex; I chuckled at your last paragraph. I often say that once you cross KM21 one can be whomever or whatever you want. In Kino there was one fellow that passed himself off as former mayor. He was a clerk in the Mayor's office. One woman that was a secretary at a University became a professor. A rent a cop became a city police Sargent.

Moisheh

Talleyho69

Silver Strand Beach

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/17 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And why not change that Masters Degree into the PhD you always meant to get?

south-of-the-border

Albuquerque, New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/17 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

???????????

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 20  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Refused entry with a truck & camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS