Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Refused entry with a truck & camper
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Refused entry with a truck & camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 20  
Prev
MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/17 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It brings up sour memories.
I sat for decades and listened and figuratively shook my head.

One jerk was bragging about being a door gunner. I happened to mention I knew someone (Ed Marston) who was a Crew Chief. "Oh no, I wanted to be behind that M60"

I then remarked, "You preferred the starboard M60 over the port side M60?"

Things got real quiet.

If someone has to tell "fibs" to amplify their reality I feel sorry for them.

If my rebuilding 15,000 alternators, and inventing new alternator windings and constructing battery tests bores someone, then they are dealing with the wrong person. Exploring Mexico and Central America, finding unknown ruins in the Lancandon rain forest, and experiencing Mexico 53-years ago is almost too much.

So now when someone spots me in Zihuatanejo or La Costa Alegre, and invites me to what obviously is going to turn out to be a drinking and BS bash, I smile and look confused and respond "No comprendo" Brenda and Jesus will go into fits of laughter.

I feel ashamed enough as it is forgetting some parts of years of study. Like a Colonel who gets a suggestion to fake being a flag officer yet cannot remember which hand to salute with. i.e. my slide rule is corroded frozen [emoticon]

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/17 10:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You mean the highly trained comando guy claiming to be a SEAL and can not distinguish the difference between the USMC emblem and the SEAL emblem, and when you ask him if he was trained at North Carolina the answer is yes and of course he is from team 7.

navegator

JerBear

Kingston,Nova Scotia,Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/18 06:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy to say we crossed yesterday into Mexico with 1 ton truck and truck camper with no problems. We used Bridge 2 in Laredo. Happy to be back in Mexico!!!!
JerBear

2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8" Truck Camper,Torklift Fastguns, Torklift Tiedowns,Torklift Superhitch,Reese Front Hitch, Honda EU2000i Generator, 2x100 Watt Solar Panel /MPPT Controller, 2500 Watt Inverter.
2006 GMC 3500HD DRW Ex. Cab Truck, Duramax/Allison

Talleyho69

Silver Strand Beach

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome back!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 20  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Refused entry with a truck & camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS