cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mail Forwarding

Schmick2016
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. We plan on leaving Oregon in January 2018 to full time for a while. We are not sure where we will set up residency but until then, need advise on a mail forwarding service?
9 REPLIES 9

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been using Postal Connections in Stayton OR for several years.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

Schmick2016
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all. I think Earl E has the answer for us.

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
Since you are already Oregonians and are not sure of the future use http://mailforwardingservices.com We, too, were Oregonians and used this service until we got off the road and settled in AZ. They are great and will treat you well with very reasonable prices. They are in OR and know the OR laws and will help you when you need it.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can use any mail service you wish to, from any state. That doesn't make you a resident of the state. You simply pay the fees, change your mailing address to them and have them forward your mail to the address you specify when you make the request for shipment.

jbrack
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the process of doing exactly this. Lifelong residents of California and I retire in October of this year. We are going full time on the road for a while. Sold our home in Calif. and have just become residents of So. Dakota. No State Income tax, no SSI tax, and no tax on my pension. You have to make one trip there to have your photo taken for your driver's license but that is all. My wife and I flew out last week on Thursday and back home on Friday. While there we got our licenses, registered our vehicle, and registered to vote. All needed to establish a domicile state. Check out www.dakotapost.com for details. They will guide you through the whole process and provide you an actual street address instead of a PO Box. PM me if you need more info.

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
I'd use Escapees Mail Service out of Livingston, Texas. you'll have to become a member of the club ($39.95). Setup a mail account ($95.00)+ postage. Then all you do is go on there web site and state where you want you mail sent too. The mailing info can be found at Escapee Dashhound site.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Sincce your local, go to town to a mail boxes etc, or one of your local ones. Setup a box, amd start now changing all your IDs. Once your on the road and figure out where you want to set down roots, simply start changing addresses. Next option, one of your kids. Assuming you have them.

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

We've been fulltiming and used Escapees mail forwarding service for over eleven years. They have provided us with great service.

Escapees

Escapees mail forwarding service

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pick one in State you are going to use as 'domicile' as that will be your 'legal address' for establishing 'residency', Drivers Licenses etc.

We established our 'address' several months before hitting the road....gave us time to get all the 'change of addresses' sent out until no more mail came to our S&B....all was going to mail forwarding service.

Then we meandered our way over to that state and 'established our residency' by staying overnight and getting DLs, Vehicle Regs, Voting Register
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31