cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Evacuated From Panama City Beach, FL

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Relocated yesterday from Panama City Beach, FL to my home base in Maplesville, AL due to tropical storm warnings. No issues with the 250 mile drive, but what did I find when I arrived? Tropical Storm Warnings in central Alabama. You can run but you just can't hide. At least I am 200 miles from the nearest coast and over 100' above sea level. Bring it on.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010
4 REPLIES 4

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
We have guests here from Jacksonville staying in our MoHo . They came in last Friday and are wanting to go home tonight. We are trying to get them to stay one more day at least. We are just outside Greenville SC and did get some wind and rain, but nothing to complain about. These people do not have an RV, but now they are thinking they want to buy one.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
You did a smart thing by getting out of harms way. Keep us posted how it goes.

I arrived here on Sunday afternoon and the rain caught up with me Monday (yesterday) morning. It literally hasn't stopped raining for the past 24 hours, but seems to have stopped now. No wind or flooding issues here. Radar shows we should be dry for a bit. No issues here, no leaks, etc. The only problem is it is 59 degrees here right now and I have been on the Florida gulf coast for the past 3.5 months and I'm "cold". I did check my furnace a little bit ago and it worked fine and seems ready for winter. I have an external 150 gallon propane tank that I will hook up today for the winter.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
You did a smart thing by getting out of harms way. Keep us posted how it goes.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
edatlanta wrote:
Bring it on.

Famous last words. :B