cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blackstone Griddle ??

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm thinking about getting one of the little 17" griddles, but what I'd like to be able to do is to connect it to the low pressure connection at the back of my camper. I have a Weber Q that I removed the pressure regulator from and I connect it to the camper.

Has anyone removed the regulator from a blackstone and connected it to the low pressure side? Has it worked well??
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up
7 REPLIES 7

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Rbur wrote:
Blackstone 17 regulator has a straight fitting smaller than 1/8โ€ . They shouldโ€™ve made it a standard size. IMO

Is the regulator removable?
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Rbur
Explorer
Explorer
Blackstone 17 regulator has a straight fitting smaller than 1/8โ€ . They shouldโ€™ve made it a standard size. IMO

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
wowens79 wrote:
fpoole wrote:
Low Pressure hose...

I've be wrestling with the hook up to the Camper's LP hose, quick connect, figure the same, a direct line to the BBQ (in this case) but how are you going to regulate the flow from Low to Hot...

It just dawned on me to use the flow valve on the Low Pressure Camper connection, but are you using something else??

Thanks..

On the Weber Q the gas still goes through the control valve on the grill, and would do the same on the Blackstone. The Q is a very simple connection. The way the Blackstone is made, I can't see the insides to see how I would have to connect.

I'm not familiar with the Blackstone but if the regulator unscrews like it does on the Weber Q, it should be a similar process to convert. The Weber uses 1/8" pipe thread (NPT) on the regulator. The Weber conversion is a simple 5 minute job; I've done a couple of 'em.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
neschultz wrote:
Here's what I did to convert it:

Remove the black tube that has the weird connector on it from under the Blackstone. Put it in a vise and remove the factory connector that screwed to the regulator. Replace it with a male 3/8" compression to 1/4" NPT male adapter (Lowes sku 645791).Then add a double female 1/4" NPT connecter (Lowes # 645697)...you could also use a right angle here if you'd rather (I wanted to keep it straight to still use the regulator). Then a 1/4" NPT male to quick connect male. Don't forget to use propane tape or sealant and check for leaks.

The flow is still adjusted with the factory flow valve.

Let me know if you find a better way!

I also added adapters to the regulator so it connects to the quick connect now on the grill - so we are still able to use the regulator with cans in the backyard at home.

Thanks for the great info. I'll probably rig mine up to be able to use at home also. It would be great to have it next to my egg.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
Here's what I did to convert it:

Remove the black tube that has the weird connector on it from under the Blackstone. Put it in a vise and remove the factory connector that screwed to the regulator. Replace it with a male 3/8" compression to 1/4" NPT male adapter (Lowes sku 645791).Then add a double female 1/4" NPT connecter (Lowes # 645697)...you could also use a right angle here if you'd rather (I wanted to keep it straight to still use the regulator). Then a 1/4" NPT male to quick connect male. Don't forget to use propane tape or sealant and check for leaks.

The flow is still adjusted with the factory flow valve.

Let me know if you find a better way!

I also added adapters to the regulator so it connects to the quick connect now on the grill - so we are still able to use the regulator with cans in the backyard at home.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
fpoole wrote:
Low Pressure hose...

I've be wrestling with the hook up to the Camper's LP hose, quick connect, figure the same, a direct line to the BBQ (in this case) but how are you going to regulate the flow from Low to Hot...

It just dawned on me to use the flow valve on the Low Pressure Camper connection, but are you using something else??

Thanks..

On the Weber Q the gas still goes through the control valve on the grill, and would do the same on the Blackstone. The Q is a very simple connection. The way the Blackstone is made, I can't see the insides to see how I would have to connect.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Low Pressure hose...

Thanks..
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website