Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 568  
Prev  |  Next
BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/19 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A bit off topic, but gotta mention this about our vets...

I was just out of high school and still in college (and the deferment that begot) when my city decided to honor the Vietnam Vets. 1967 and held a parade in downtown San Mateo. Made me cry and still puts tears in my eyes....lost too many buddies during those years

We are a small/medium town outside of SF. Grew up here and still living here

There was only ONE American City that honored them during the Vietnam War.

Buy SF Giants ball game tickets for them when the 101st are in town (and give them a few bucks for beer and a hotdog). A tradition with me that just have to do...

The History of Our Adoption of the Screaming Eagles

101st Airborne – Adopted Troop

Celebrating 50 years of unit adoption

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/19 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Tesla will start installing Model 3 production equipment in Gigafactory 3 this May

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-gigafactory-3-model-3-production-equipment-may/

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/19 03:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8.1 Van wrote:

Quote:

Tesla will start installing Model 3 production equipment in Gigafactory 3 this May

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-gigafactory-3-model-3-production-equipment-may/

That is good news. Now people can purchase the knock off counterfeits that will be sold out the back door for half the price.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/19 08:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tesla delivers a dud. Company growth story now in tatters

The cars are piling up like cord wood in a forest. Lots are overflowing with unwanted cars in the states.

Train should come into the station tomorrow. Get ready for a stock crash.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/19 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cars are stuck in transit to Europe and China. A company ramping up in new markets apparently can easily confuse the number crunchers.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Ralph Cramden

Not on this rag of a forum

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 02:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chainwright wrote:

Ralph Cramden wrote:

8.1 Van wrote:

Quote:

The first full month of Tesla Model 3 deliveries in Norway has pushed electric vehicle sales to a new record high; 58% of new cars sold in the country last month were all-electric.

https://electrek.co/2019/04/01/tesla-model-3-norway-ev-sales-new-record/

[image]

Norway? Really? Are they trying to impress someone.

A country that was overrun by Hitler in about 3 hours, using an army made up of two of Hermann Goering's drunken cousins and Eva Braun's Yorkie does not impress me much.

Hmm. I'm a retired Army vet. And on 2 occasions went to war for my country. Among many things it was an HONOR for me to serve along side with members of the Coalition forces. And NORWAY is part of the Coalition forces. Yes I served along side the Norwegians in Afghanistan. And NO DUDE they are not there to IMPRESS you. They don't have a say if they want to serve in the Military or not, it's mandatory. Like the Vietnam vets that were Drafted whether they liked it or not and SPIT on when they came back. So if you want to "SPIT" on someone take it somewhere else, or keep it to yourself. Because when we serve with the Coalition forces they Got our back and we Got theirs. So have some respect.

Lighten up Francis........That was an attempt at humor and perhaps I had a moment and forgot that it does not exist at RVnet.

Breaking news....you are not the only Vet on this board. Plenty of us are Vets.

Chainwright

San Antonio

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 05:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ralph Cramden wrote:

Chainwright wrote:

Ralph Cramden wrote:

8.1 Van wrote:

Quote:

The first full month of Tesla Model 3 deliveries in Norway has pushed electric vehicle sales to a new record high; 58% of new cars sold in the country last month were all-electric.

https://electrek.co/2019/04/01/tesla-model-3-norway-ev-sales-new-record/

[image]

Norway? Really? Are they trying to impress someone.

A country that was overrun by Hitler in about 3 hours, using an army made up of two of Hermann Goering's drunken cousins and Eva Braun's Yorkie does not impress me much.

Hmm. I'm a retired Army vet. And on 2 occasions went to war for my country. Among many things it was an HONOR for me to serve along side with members of the Coalition forces. And NORWAY is part of the Coalition forces. Yes I served along side the Norwegians in Afghanistan. And NO DUDE they are not there to IMPRESS you. They don't have a say if they want to serve in the Military or not, it's mandatory. Like the Vietnam vets that were Drafted whether they liked it or not and SPIT on when they came back. So if you want to "SPIT" on someone take it somewhere else, or keep it to yourself. Because when we serve with the Coalition forces they Got our back and we Got theirs. So have some respect.

Lighten up Francis........That was an attempt at humor and perhaps I had a moment and forgot that it does not exist at RVnet.

Breaking news....you are not the only Vet on this board. Plenty of us are Vets.

That makes what you did Even worse Ralphy pooh.

MNGeeks61

Minneapolis, MN

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

The cars are piling up like cord wood in a forest. Lots are overflowing with unwanted cars in the states.

more news

musk should learn to be quiet

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MNGeeks61 wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

more news

musk should learn to be quiet

It gets worse. You see the numbers Tesla reported are counted even when the customer returns the car because of defects. This is why the cars are stacking up like cord wood. Tons and tons of them.

Then you have the lease problem that Ben talked about many, many months ago. (over a year ago??) People returning those cars and Tesla has no way to deal with them.

This is a CAT 5 storm building up and headed right for lying Elon as he smokes his funny $500 cigars and lays in the sun on a deck chair.

And now lying Elon is going to move his factory to China. What happen to all of the flag wavers on this forum? You know; the ones that were touting American made all the way.

I haven't seen any of those flag wavers up in arms over this China move? Odd??? Are they going to denounce this move on this forum? If so, when?

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Cars are stuck in transit to Europe and China. A company ramping up in new markets apparently can easily confuse the number crunchers.

What I cannot make sense of, I could not find any articles on it or missed it. Deliveries aside, the production was only 77k automobiles. This is only a run rate in the 300k range. Is there any guidance or projections how they get to 400+k by the end of the year. Much less than a 500k run rate by the end of 2019.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 568  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.