Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 556  
Prev  |  Next
Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/19 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

womps wrote:

The pictures were taken by Motor Trend between San Francisco and L.A. Motor trend was testing the range of the Tesla 3. You can read about it on motortrend.com.

Are you (MT) seriously trying to say they ran this thing from SF to LA and no fan boi took a picture of this thing driving for 7 hours on I5? SERIOUSLY???? This is California remember? Even dogs have Iphones with great cameras on them!

That NOBODY said, "Holy $#%T; that's the Tesla Semi I have to get a video of that $%#$ing thing!!! That is so cool!!!!" Look at that mutha %$#%*@ pulling the Grape Vine! Fan boi one to fan boi two; check this out, I'm ************** the Tesla Semi right now!!!! Look lets follow this thing and get some selfies of me and that thing!!! Lets follow it and see where is goes!

Are there people out there that believe that for a minute? Come on!! [emoticon]

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/19 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another one bites the dust...……………..

Bhushan Dahake, Director, Software Engineering - Head of Global CRM and Customer Service Applications; said I'm outahere!

Nothing to see here, just normal attrition. [emoticon] All is well at Tesla. Sales strong, customer service great, no recalls or any problems with the cars, stock doing very well...……...the future is so bright, Tesla has to wear shades! [emoticon]

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/19 01:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In all seriousness. I hope Elon gets it together and refocuses his efforts. Leaf blowers, insurance, the next shiny thing. I feel him chasing these non primary operations distractions is his effort to prop up the stock price. He has too far to go just to correct his assembly and quality issues to make Tesla some type of 1980's conglomerate.

Here is an interesting video from the Fast Lane guys about the challenges getting a Tesla fixed. Interesting comments from the body shop guy at the end about the lack of Tesla quality.

Video

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/19 02:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

they quote an inventory in Days Sales of 30 for Q1, up from 20 at Q4. But sales went down 30%, and inventory $ went up $700,000,000.
Must be more non-GAAP math. I can hardly wait for the real 10-Q filing. I hope the Tesla external auditors have good quarterly practices!

i completely missed that tidbit. I was spending more time looking at Accounts Payable. Not much has changed there from IRC 18 months ago when they extended out their payables. Must have reached their supply base limits of tolerance.

I expect they will file this year. I'd bet on a Chap 11 filing, but they really are Chap 7. Debt is only part of their problem, their business model and production plan is failing.

It is nice that Ford actually completes and files a 10-Q that provides real detail. Like inventory split between raw material and finished goods.

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/19 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

womps wrote:

The pictures were taken by Motor Trend between San Francisco and L.A. Motor trend was testing the range of the Tesla 3. You can read about it on motortrend.com.

Are you (MT) seriously trying to say they ran this thing from SF to LA and no fan boi took a picture of this thing driving for 7 hours on I5? SERIOUSLY???? This is California remember? Even dogs have Iphones with great cameras on them!

That NOBODY said, "Holy $#%T; that's the Tesla Semi I have to get a video of that $%#$ing thing!!! That is so cool!!!!" Look at that mutha %$#%*@ pulling the Grape Vine! Fan boi one to fan boi two; check this out, I'm ************** the Tesla Semi right now!!!! Look lets follow this thing and get some selfies of me and that thing!!! Lets follow it and see where is goes!

Are there people out there that believe that for a minute? Come on!! [emoticon]

This is one of the things I always found weird about Tesla. Unlike the extraordinary efforts by the press and public to snap pictures of every new model in camo from the mundane auto manufacturers during actual testing. There is never a sighting of a new model Tesla out testing. I can only assume they churn out a few prototypes and put them in the public's hands under the pretense that they are fully vetted new vehicles. For example, the model Y should have at least 50-100 units out on test right now. But where are the pics, where is the real world testing? It is just odd that a modern automobile manufacturer can build a prototype, go directly to production and let the public do the R&D after the fact.

But Elon feels he can reinvent the wheel and maybe he feels actual high mileage testing is not required.

Lessmore

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/19 05:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting to watch The Fast Lane about their Tesla 3. Latest episode about body repair experience, costs and also build quality. Certainly the power is great, but to more importantly is what is it like to live with and I'm getting a good idea from watching The Fast Lane Tesla episodes about this...repair , costs, charging, range, etc.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/19 05:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

womps wrote:

Do you have a link to the article? I couldn't find a search feature on their website.

It's very very common for magazine articles to use "stock" photos provided by an OEM.

I submitted the first photo to an online photo analysis evaluation. It screamed fake, the edges of the vehicles are lit up like a christmas tree.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/model-s/2019/exclusive-2019-tesla-model-s-review/#2019-tesla-model-s-range-road-trip-rear-view-from-overpass

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/19 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Less, thanks for the info...decided to spend the time watching that video and boy is it enlightening...

We Broke It! You Won’t Believe How Much ........ Costs To Repair A Crashed Tesla Model 3

Plus, another thank you Less...will check that site more often...like their info

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

womps

Olds

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/19 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

they quote an inventory in Days Sales of 30 for Q1, up from 20 at Q4. But sales went down 30%, and inventory $ went up $700,000,000.
Must be more non-GAAP math. I can hardly wait for the real 10-Q filing. I hope the Tesla external auditors have good quarterly practices!

i completely missed that tidbit. I was spending more time looking at Accounts Payable. Not much has changed there from IRC 18 months ago when they extended out their payables. Must have reached their supply base limits of tolerance.

I expect they will file this year. I'd bet on a Chap 11 filing, but they really are Chap 7. Debt is only part of their problem, their business model and production plan is failing.

I can’t get the link to work. I said go to motortrend.com but it is motortrend.ca, scroll down to the article “Tesla from San Fran to LA on one charge. The semi pictures are in this article.

Lessmore

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/19 09:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Less, thanks for the info...decided to spend the time watching that video and boy is it enlightening...

We Broke It! You Won’t Believe How Much ........ Costs To Repair A Crashed Tesla Model 3

Plus, another thank you Less...will check that site more often...like their info

You're welcome Ben. I find The Fast Lane to be quite a good source of real world information.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 556  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.