Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 612  
Prev  |  Next
fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 11:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is that anything like that chip they used in the Boeing aircraft that keep crashing? I think that was supposed to be the latest and greatest too. Maybe we could avoid the hype until it's actually in use, and it demonstrates that it works.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/20 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Is that anything like that chip they used in the Boeing aircraft that keep crashing? I think that was supposed to be the latest and greatest too. Maybe we could avoid the hype until it's actually in use, and it demonstrates that it works.
Thanks for posting more FUD

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/20 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Asking for a friend, Is your FUD the Scottish one for that female body part or is it the US, our own, urban dictionary meaning? [emoticon][emoticon]

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many of you folks are too young to remember this : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_FDIV_bug

Our chips did not have this issue, but other issues and solved just like them...ion beam milling...

And these types of issues continue to this day, but the general public does not know of them

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/20 12:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Asking for a friend, Is your FUD the Scottish one for that female body part or is it the US, our own, urban dictionary meaning? [emoticon][emoticon]
Wiki or google (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt)

As it applies here it is an unsubstantiated injection with the intention of creating a false truth with the expectations that others must spend time disproving at length or the statement is assumed true.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/20 12:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Wiki or google (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt)

As it applies here it is an unsubstantiated injection with the intention of creating a false truth with the expectations that others must spend time disproving at length or the statement is assumed true.

It gave me to meaning, both derogatory, 1 -- a Scottish for female body part, 2, an annoyance.

But yours is the more cerebral, LOL!

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 01:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Oh, it isn't the chip/software that causes issues with the airplane? And then I guess this chip has actually been tested? Or is this just more hype about how great it will be?

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 01:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was finishing my post on chips and now they all have problems, when my session timed out...so here is the rest of it

Anyone saying that their chip is the best, is ignorant or just boosting to those who do NOT understand the magnitude of it all

Plus, am of the opinion that Tusk does NOT stress test, nor runs regression testing of his products before he sends it out to his customers...who become test dummies for Tusk's products

Tusk has been luck to date and am amazed at his insurance...they lack any over sight of his products

BenK wrote:

Many of you folks are too young to remember this : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_FDIV_bug

Our chips did not have this issue, but other issues and solved just like them...ion beam milling...

And these types of issues continue to this day, but the general public does not know of them

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/20 02:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Was finishing my post on chips and now they all have problems, when my session timed out...so here is the rest of it

Anyone saying that their chip is the best, is ignorant or just boosting to those who do NOT understand the magnitude of it all

Plus, am of the opinion that Tusk does NOT stress test, nor runs regression testing of his products before he sends it out to his customers...who become test dummies for Tusk's products

Tusk has been luck to date and am amazed at his insurance...they lack any over sight of his products

BenK wrote:

Yeah, the Elon that deliberately made a Space X explode to ensure that astronauts can have a survivable landing in event of fuel explosion may not have done regression, or/and or stress testing.

As we joke at work, when you did not fail the first time, it's luck, when still none after the 2nd, 3rd... it's genius.[emoticon]

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 02:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

time2roll wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Oh, it isn't the chip/software that causes issues with the airplane? And then I guess this chip has actually been tested? Or is this just more hype about how great it will be?

[emoticon]

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 612  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.