Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 614  
Prev  |  Next
Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/29/2003

View Profile



Posted: 01/20/20 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator



So you go back to an article that is 9 months old, indicates that the vehicles are already built with it, roll eyes and comments, and did not acknowledge that Elon had indicated that everybody with this would be making money with their autonomous car today.

So feel free to keep hyping Elon. I put my money in the competition and now have a Bolt EV.


Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 01/11/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/20/20 02:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator


Here’s a more detailed look at the IC and computer for the techie types.

https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/tesla_(car_company)/fsd_chip

Turtle n Peeps

California

Senior Member

Joined: 06/23/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/20/20 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:



So you go back to an article that is 9 months old, indicates that the vehicles are already built with it, roll eyes and comments, and did not acknowledge that Elon had indicated that everybody with this would be making money with their autonomous car today.

So feel free to keep hyping Elon. I put my money in the competition and now have a Bolt EV.


Tusk said he will have 1 million robotaxies by the end of this year. Anybody........anybody.....fan boi or not believe this?

On another note: How much money did Tesla make going forward last year? [emoticon]


~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~


"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln


time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 01/20/20 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

So feel free to keep hyping Elon. I put my money in the competition and now have a Bolt EV.
+1 Bolt is a great car although a bit of an econobox. I have the I-Pace, not exactly perfect either. Tesla has its place and certain advantages. Tesla interior is not to my liking and I am not interested in self driving.


2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 01/20/20 03:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Tusk said he will have 1 million robotaxies by the end of this year. Anybody........anybody.....fan boi or not believe this?
I don't see it happening. Although Tesla does seem to be making slow progress.

free radical

Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 02/07/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/20/20 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:



So you go back to an article that is 9 months old, indicates that the vehicles are already built with it, roll eyes and comments, and did not acknowledge that Elon had indicated that everybody with this would be making money with their autonomous car today.

So feel free to keep hyping Elon. I put my money in the competition and now have a Bolt EV.

Ive been driving Chevys for many years now,but their one EV is pathetic compared to Tesla.

Plus theres that huge Supercharger Network alowing one to drive coast to coast easy.
No need for autonomous car imo

Making 75$ / hr driving Tesla
https://youtu.be/ui9Q-sqXhgg

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/29/2003

View Profile



Posted: 01/21/20 05:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

Ive been driving Chevys for many years now,but their one EV is pathetic compared to Tesla.


Thank you for your opinion. It was exactly what I expected from you, nothing less.

I will just enjoy it!

MNGeeks61

Minneapolis, MN

Senior Member

Joined: 02/10/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/21/20 06:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

I put my money in the competition and now have a Bolt EV.


Out of curiosity, were you able to find any other EV's to test drive or was it more that it was easier to find? How does fit and finish look? That's the 60 Kwh battery pack too, right?

I still want that Hyundai Kona...if Hyundai will ever sell it here at a price point I can afford. Health issues are diminishing that possibility now.

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/29/2003

View Profile



Posted: 01/21/20 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MNGeeks61 wrote:

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

I put my money in the competition and now have a Bolt EV.


Out of curiosity, were you able to find any other EV's to test drive or was it more that it was easier to find? How does fit and finish look? That's the 60 Kwh battery pack too, right?

I still want that Hyundai Kona...if Hyundai will ever sell it here at a price point I can afford. Health issues are diminishing that possibility now.



I did not look at any other EV's. As an employee of GM, I drove a 2019 for the last week, and purchased the 2020 on Thursday night. The 2020 has a 66 Kwh battery. From a fit and finish, I saw no issues. There are currently some great incentives on the Bolt, so I decided that I would participate in GM's electrification.

Additionally, my electric company will rebate $500 dollars on a 240 charger. So I have my Juicebox installed (I had open spots in my garage electrical panel). Therefore, I should not have any issues with this vehicle and range. I do have four other vehicles (the joy of having four daughters) to use for long trips.

Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/21/20 07:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

MNGeeks61 wrote:

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

I put my money in the competition and now have a Bolt EV.


Out of curiosity, were you able to find any other EV's to test drive or was it more that it was easier to find? How does fit and finish look? That's the 60 Kwh battery pack too, right?

I still want that Hyundai Kona...if Hyundai will ever sell it here at a price point I can afford. Health issues are diminishing that possibility now.



I did not look at any other EV's. As an employee of GM, I drove a 2019 for the last week, and purchased the 2020 on Thursday night. The 2020 has a 66 Kwh battery. From a fit and finish, I saw no issues. There are currently some great incentives on the Bolt, so I decided that I would participate in GM's electrification.

Additionally, my electric company will rebate $500 dollars on a 240 charger. So I have my Juicebox installed (I had open spots in my garage electrical panel). Therefore, I should not have any issues with this vehicle and range. I do have four other vehicles (the joy of having four daughters) to use for long trips.


The Juicebox is a good way to go. We also have the wifi version and it’s handy from the scheduling and monitoring point of view. Tough as nails and heavy. We are 4 years with ours. Watch the cable gromett entry point as it gets a fair amount of abuse. Tighten if necessary. They literally use the heaviest cable in the industry. We also have a clipper creek for our outside unit but I think Juicebox is better screwed together.

We test drove the bolt a couple times and it wasn’t the right fit for us but seems like it would be a nimble and quick little car. I recommend getting membership in the three main networks, EVGO, Electrify America and ChargePoint. Congrats. Enjoy. Stay safe on the road.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 614  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.