Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 555  
Prev  |  Next
wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/20 12:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

Who wants a truck where you have to access everything from the tailgate because the sides are too high to lift anything over? Not me.

Meh. With the height of trucks nowadays I would think many aces from the back. Heh heh. My wife at 5’6” could never access anything from the side in any of our trucks. Besides with today’s tonneau covers you still have to go to the back to unfasten it and start folding it back. With the cybertruck you just push a button.

I do, I have a couple of small folding step stools that tuck in either side of my bed box. I'm not lowering the tailgate and climbing over everything else every time I need to get at something small that is in the front of the bed.

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/20 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilber1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

Who wants a truck where you have to access everything from the tailgate because the sides are too high to lift anything over? Not me.

Meh. With the height of trucks nowadays I would think many aces from the back. Heh heh. My wife at 5’6” could never access anything from the side in any of our trucks. Besides with today’s tonneau covers you still have to go to the back to unfasten it and start folding it back. With the cybertruck you just push a button.

I do, I have a couple of small folding step stools that tuck in either side of my bed box. I'm not lowering the tailgate and climbing over everything else every time I need to get at something small that is in the front of the bed.

Seems to be a good argument and a selling or marketing features for Cybertruck. Just push a button to lower the truck for the wifey to climb up.

But don't teach wifey how to do it so she won't be driving it.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/20 01:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

Seems to be a good argument and a selling or marketing features for Cybertruck. Just push a button to lower the truck for the wifey to climb up.

But don't teach wifey how to do it so she won't be driving it.

Too funny. [emoticon]. My wife has a reservation for a cybertruck. I came out of the shower one day and she says “guess what I just did”. [emoticon].

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/20 01:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Too funny. [emoticon]. My wife has a reservation for a cybertruck. I came out of the shower one day and she says “guess what I just did”. [emoticon].

[emoticon]

Now, this early, you have to strategize on how to get her password to access and drive "her" Cybertruck.

And check the provisions of your marriage contract as to whether "her' truck will be conjugal property and you not being able to drive it constitutes "cruel and unusual punishment" where you would need a court order for joint custody (and unhindered access).

Meanwhile, please express my congratulations to her.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/20 03:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

[emoticon]

Now, this early, you have to strategize on how to get her password to access and drive "her" Cybertruck.

And check the provisions of your marriage contract as to whether "her' truck will be conjugal property and you not being able to drive it constitutes "cruel and unusual punishment" where you would need a court order for joint custody (and unhindered access).

Meanwhile, please express my congratulations to her.

Heh heh. I hear ya.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/20 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wasn’t a big fan of the looks of this one but thought it would have a shot at some competition for the S or X. Not looking good for the next few years for the Mercedes EV’s. The Germans are getting hammered on the EV front.

https://electrek.co/2020/01/23/mercedes-........-target-in-half-battery-shortage-report/

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/20 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

I wasn’t a big fan of the looks of this one but thought it would have a shot at some competition for the S or X. Not looking good for the next few years for the Mercedes EV’s. The Germans are getting hammered on the EV front.

https://electrek.co/2020/01/23/mercedes-........-target-in-half-battery-shortage-report/

What could be a Cybertruck killer will be EVs in Mercedes M Series and old Land Rover Defender configurations.

EV is the future but I think truck owners are mostly still traditional. That's why we cannot let go of our Jeep whose looks did not as much depart from the WWII counterpart.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/20 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

What could be a Cybertruck killer will be EVs in Mercedes M Series and old Land Rover Defender configurations.

EV is the future but I think truck owners are mostly still traditional. That's why we cannot let go of our Jeep whose looks did not as much depart from the WWII counterpart.

We both drove Jeep’s for awhile but unfortunately in a high salt environment. They kinda disintegrated.

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/20 08:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

What's a tonneau cover?!? I've heard of canopy's, useful if you haul co striction tools like my sons. Really a major pita if like me, you haul bulk material like soil, rock bark etc doing landscape construction with truck. Have only had one xanapy. Spent 90+% of the time off the truck. Lumber pipe racks are useful.
Tonneau cover?!?!? Is that a fancy term for front engine compartment cover?!?!? Or bra like some VW bugs had to keep rock chips on hold?!?!?
Marty

92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
00 Chev C2500, V5700, 4L80E, 4.10, base truck, no options!
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Check RV.Net Blogs at: blog.rv.net

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/20 08:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

We both drove Jeep’s for awhile but unfortunately in a high salt environment. They kinda disintegrated.

Got a Jeep mostly for farming. It's a brute and mostly don't even need a road to go where you want it to go.

And if it got stuck in the mud or steep terrain, I have a winch and four of the tires have chains.

In some really sticky-wicket, I have to use all that my mechanic warned me to be a little more careful as I might rip the differentials off it's mounting. It was fun!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 555  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.