Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 557  
Prev  |  Next
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/20 11:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Taycan Super Bowl commercial. Kinda cool. Now if they can just get it to catch the model S. Just ribbin. Cool car.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=537EwXTdipM

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/20 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Taycan Super Bowl commercial. Kinda cool. Now if they can just get it to catch the model S. Just ribbin. Cool car.

Seems to me a marketing faux pas unless they are targeting the brand faithful. It's also counter-intuitive.

Premium priced performance cars are bought for performance and it should at least match and better if it exceeds something already out there.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/20 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Seems to me a marketing faux pas unless they are targeting the brand faithful. It's also counter-intuitive.

Premium priced performance cars are bought for performance and it should at least match and better if it exceeds something already out there.

It’s a start and it’s more than most manufacturers are doing. I think it will be a contender in the future once they get the efficiency and range issues sorted out. It’s a sports car so the target audience will be a little more forgiving of those two issues. Tesla model P100D is still a 5 passenger luxury sedan with 600 km range built for long road trips. Tesla customers are expecting higher efficiency and range...which they get. Each have their own market. Porsche is around 50 grand more though. Even so my guess is they’ll sell lots.

JMHO

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/20 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

There is more to performance than just going fast in a straight line.
The Model S is noted for having to reduce power because of battery over temping when driven flat out for any length of time. I bet the Porsche dosen’t.

* This post was edited 01/25/20 01:44pm by wilber1 *

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/20 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilber1 wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

The Model S is noted for having to reduce power because of battery over temping when driven flat out for any length of time. I bet the Porsche dosen’t.
Will be more interesting how Roadster 2 matches up on a road course.
Competition is good for everyone.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/20 03:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilber1 wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

No it’s not. You are referring to the model P85 and P100. The model P100D plaid has never given those indications.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/20 04:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

No it’s not. You are referring to the model P85 and P100. The model P100D plaid has never given those indications.

[image]

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/20 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Plaid production model is expected to be released in July or August. They’ll be some distinct but minor body changes as well. Going to be more expensive to.

I’m willing to bet Porshe will release a new Taycan about the same time. Probably with a little more range for more appeal in North America.

stsmark

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/20 05:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I saw my first Taycan on the freeway the other day. Really good looking car. Model S shows it’s age in comparison. On the Taycan forum a buyer stated they have already updated software to allow Turbo model to go up to 255 mi range. They talked about a range mode that give full acceleration up to 70 mph then it stops.
Since Porsche doubled the first production run to 40k cars it seems they have a hit on their hands.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/20 06:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stsmark wrote:

I saw my first Taycan on the freeway the other day. Really good looking car. Model S shows it’s age in comparison. On the Taycan forum a buyer stated they have already updated software to allow Turbo model to go up to 255 mi range. They talked about a range mode that give full acceleration up to 70 mph then it stops.
Since Porsche doubled the first production run to 40k cars it seems they have a hit on their hands.

Fairly certain we saw one in SoCal recently. Sharp looking car. The next year will see some updates. Definetly a market.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 557  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.