Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 667  
Prev  |  Next
8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/20 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First Drive in Fully Autonomous Tesla!

[image]

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/22/20 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

I remember back when nukes were supposed to produce energy so cheap there would be no reason to meter the usage. Now it is the most expensive to develop and produces waste that has no secure method of storage or treatment.

Solar panels collect fusion power just fine. Panels should last as long as the typical design of any power plant of 50 years. Waste of all things is an issue... at least the panels are not radio active. I do hope recycling of all these energy related items improves over time.

Worst case it will be a noble try using the best science and technology that we currently have. Bring on the Tesla Semi.

Because that works out so well for us. Lol. We did the plastic bag thing, it was all the rage to save the planet in the 90s. Now it is one of the biggist thing destroying it. Unicef went into africa in the 70s digging wells so the people had clear water. It worked but the wells were not drilled far enough and they killed many more then the dirty water they allready had. Sometimes having a little kowlage is dangerous. We rush into things thinking its the better way baised on out best technology and science. Then we find out we are dead wrong.

* This post was edited 11/22/20 08:43pm by Sjm9911 *

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

stsmark

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/20 09:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://prometheus.org/2020/09/25/aneel-thorium-based-reactor-fuel-could-support-a-new-wave-of-nuclear-power/

It’s interesting reading.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 06:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Click.

https://prometheus.org/2020/09/25/aneel-........uld-support-a-new-wave-of-nuclear-power/

Yep. Good read.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sjm9911 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

I remember back when nukes were supposed to produce energy so cheap there would be no reason to meter the usage. Now it is the most expensive to develop and produces waste that has no secure method of storage or treatment.

Solar panels collect fusion power just fine. Panels should last as long as the typical design of any power plant of 50 years. Waste of all things is an issue... at least the panels are not radio active. I do hope recycling of all these energy related items improves over time.

Worst case it will be a noble try using the best science and technology that we currently have. Bring on the Tesla Semi.

Because that works out so well for us. Lol. We did the plastic bag thing, it was all the rage to save the planet in the 90s. Now it is one of the biggist thing destroying it. Unicef went into africa in the 70s digging wells so the people had clear water. It worked but the wells were not drilled far enough and they killed many more then the dirty water they allready had. Sometimes having a little kowlage is dangerous. We rush into things thinking its the better way baised on out best technology and science. Then we find out we are dead wrong.

I have lived near a nuclear power plant since it was built 50 years ago, worked in places making parts for nuclear power and know people that worked in them. My feeling is that nuclear power got "What if?ed" to death with the deliberate intent of using economics to defeat nuclear power sense science couldn't. A deliberate end run on science much the same as the snail darter and the Tellico dam, which a lot of people here wish that we had now.

I also believe that solar panels is current darling of environmentalists and has escaped scrutiny and clear thinking. Solar power has improved dramatically in the last 20 years and still has a lot more potential. I hope that it works out well in the long run but I don't believe that it will ever be the cure all for us even though it may play a large role.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 07:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

I also believe that solar panels is current darling of environmentalists and has escaped scrutiny and clear thinking. Solar power has improved dramatically in the last 20 years and still has a lot more potential. I hope that it works out well in the long run but I don't believe that it will ever be the cure all for us even though it may play a large role.

Solar, besides the obvious limited sunlight issue, uses silver. If you took all the known silver known to man, you'd only develop a small fraction of our current energy needs, and that's before you start adding electric vehicles to the picture.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Groover wrote:

Solar, besides the obvious limited sunlight issue, uses silver. If you took all the known silver known to man, you'd only develop a small fraction of our current energy needs, and that's before you start adding electric vehicles to the picture.

Interesting. I looked it up and found lots of contradicting info. Do you have a link.

https://www.freeingenergy.com/do-we-have........st%20component,to%2050%20mg%20by%202029.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/20 08:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's call on Elon's dare to provide him with 100 square miles of open space to put his solar panels and he'll electrify the whole country -- and end the debate. Or shut up the skepticism when he did this to a city in Australia where Musk won the bet..

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Let's call on Elon's dare to provide him with 100 square miles of open space to put his solar panels and he'll electrify the whole country -- and end the debate. Or shut up the skepticism when he did this to a city in Australia where Musk won the bet..

I would hesitate to bet against a guy that lands rockets on a barge. But that’s just me.

Just sayin.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/20 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

I would hesitate to bet against a guy that lands rockets on a barge. But that’s just me.

Just sayin.

[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 667  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.