Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 651  
Prev  |  Next
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 11:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Groover wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Let's call on Elon's dare to provide him with 100 square miles of open space to put his solar panels and he'll electrify the whole country -- and end the debate. Or shut up the skepticism when he did this to a city in Australia where Musk won the bet..

Did you mean 100 sq miles or 100 miles square? From what I can find even the second number is conservative.
Square miles of solar panels needed.

Are the environmentalists going to give you a pass on that? What about the transmission lines?

What are you going to do with the solar panels in 30 years when the tens of millions of tons of solar panels lose too much efficiency to be practical to operate?

How much storage is needed and what is the environmental impact of that?

What would the damage be from one EMP bomb?

I am not saying that it can't be done, just that there are issues that will need to be addressed at some point. And some around the clock energy not dependent on the sun sure could come in handy.

I am a kind of solver of one problem at a time -- and sweat so much in finding problems in every solution, real or imagined.[emoticon]

Well, recycling is key with anything going forward. Including solar panels. But although utilities might not want to use 30 year old solar panels they are far from end of useful life. There is lots of good googleable info out there about this. Real world numbers of 75 years plus are being used in the projected life cycle of solar panels. Interesting stuff.

* This post was edited 11/24/20 12:00pm by Reisender *

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/20 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Sjm9911 wrote:

I think he has to atuall perfect something first. His solar roofs catch fire, and some of his cars are rated like dead last for imperfections. He does have a great outlook on stuff. But the cost to make it cheap and affordable is creating a inferior produt.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/11/05/tesla-and-walmart-settle-over-solar-rooftop-fires.html you can google for houses also. I can find the car

Then you need batteries to hold the power, i know tesla has them in prodution. But what happens when they catch fire, or leak etc. Idk. I would need to resurch the last one more.

You should talk and convince the current Tesla owners on the imperfections.

Most if not all of them will get another Tesla for a replacement or Tesla for an upgrade.

Thats akin to talking people out of a cult. Lol. Just because people like them dosen't mean they dont have problems. There is a diffrence. Peole buy them because they are smitten with tesla and the ideal behind it.

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/20 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Groover wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Let's call on Elon's dare to provide him with 100 square miles of open space to put his solar panels and he'll electrify the whole country -- and end the debate. Or shut up the skepticism when he did this to a city in Australia where Musk won the bet..

Did you mean 100 sq miles or 100 miles square? From what I can find even the second number is conservative.
Square miles of solar panels needed.

Are the environmentalists going to give you a pass on that? What about the transmission lines?

What are you going to do with the solar panels in 30 years when the tens of millions of tons of solar panels lose too much efficiency to be practical to operate?

How much storage is needed and what is the environmental impact of that?

What would the damage be from one EMP bomb?

I am not saying that it can't be done, just that there are issues that will need to be addressed at some point. And some around the clock energy not dependent on the sun sure could come in handy.

I am a kind of solver of one problem at a time -- and sweat so much in finding problems in every solution, real or imagined.[emoticon]

Well, recycling is key with anything going forward. Including solar panels. But although utilities might not want to use 30 year old solar panels they are far from end of useful life. There is lots of good googleable info out there about this. Real world numbers of 75 years plus are being used in the projected life cycle of solar panels. Interesting stuff.

And my million mile battery on Cybertruck will outlive me even if I plan to go around the country, up North and down South beyond the borders pulling my. RV.[emoticon]

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/20 12:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sjm9911 wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Sjm9911 wrote:

I think he has to atuall perfect something first. His solar roofs catch fire, and some of his cars are rated like dead last for imperfections. He does have a great outlook on stuff. But the cost to make it cheap and affordable is creating a inferior produt.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/11/05/tesla-and-walmart-settle-over-solar-rooftop-fires.html you can google for houses also. I can find the car

Then you need batteries to hold the power, i know tesla has them in prodution. But what happens when they catch fire, or leak etc. Idk. I would need to resurch the last one more.

Most if not all of them will get another Tesla for a replacement or Tesla for an upgrade.

Thats akin to talking people out of a cult. Lol. Just because people like them dosen't mean they dont have problems. There is a diffrence. Peole buy them because they are smitten with tesla and the ideal behind it.

And I forgot, I also the kind of person who won't tell anyone where to spend their money on or giving unsolicited advice on what truck they buy.[emoticon][emoticon]

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/20 12:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sjm9911 wrote:

So if its the same , why bother?
Because there is an incremental improvement in all areas at lower cost.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/20 12:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Sjm9911 wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Sjm9911 wrote:

And I forgot, I also the kind of person who won't tell anyone where to spend their money on or giving unsolicited advice on what truck they buy.[emoticon][emoticon]

What does that even mean? I never told you what to buy or where to spend your money. I really dont care. I said tesla builds stuff fast and cheaply that causes problems with the end product.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/20 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back to the actual topic of the Tesla Semi....

Looks like the 500 mile version will be rated at up to 621 miles. YMMV

https://electrek.co/2020/11/24/tesla-sem........lectric-truck-621-miles-range-elon-musk/

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sjm9911 wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Sjm9911 wrote:

Meh. We haven’t seen that. Tesla owners can’t be quite critical of their cars. Having said that we don’t personally know another Tesla owner that has had a problem with their car. Then again, we don’t know a lot of Tesla owners. [emoticon]. LOL. Ours has been trouble free...so far. [emoticon].

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/20 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sjm9911 wrote:

I said tesla builds stuff fast....
Yes the Teslas are fast. Have you driven an EV yet?
There is a big difference between book smart and actual experience.

(sorry the quote is a bit out of context [emoticon] )

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/20 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sjm9911 wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Sjm9911 wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Sjm9911 wrote:

What does that even mean? I never told you what to buy or where to spend your money. I really dont care. I said tesla builds stuff fast and cheaply that causes problems with the end product.

In cause you missed it, I was not talking about you -- it's me.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 651  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.