Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 764  
Prev  |  Next
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/25/21 07:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

It might be that there simply isn't enough battery production to make the semi's viable, but the Cybertruck may be able to be supplied. They might be able to supply 15 Cybertrucks with the same number of batteries that would go into a semi. Anybody's guess.

I agree with you. And makes sense in the light of global shortage of raw materials.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/21 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

It might be that there simply isn't enough battery production to make the semi's viable, but the Cybertruck may be able to be supplied. They might be able to supply 15 Cybertrucks with the same number of batteries that would go into a semi. Anybody's guess.

I agree with you. And makes sense in the light of global shortage of raw materials.

What actually makes the most sense is to put batteries where they will give society the most benefit. And that is where the batteries will be cycled nearly every day and in close proximity to people. That would point us in the direction of short haul trucking.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/21 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Too funny. Just read in our town news paper that Tesla is installing a V3 Supercharger with 12 Tesla stalls and 4 non Tesla Chademo/CCS stalls 500 METERS FROM OUR HOUSE. I could throw a rock at it from here (wouldn’t hit it but you get the idea LOL [emoticon]. ). We’ll never use it but nice for the city and tourism. Walking distance from 7 restaurants, bathrooms, Supermarket, hardware store. Nice active part of our town.

stsmark

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/21 01:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The one by us is maybe 1/2 mi from our house. It’s close to opening with 12 positions, I’ll have to see if it has mixed format spots as well. It does not appear to have any sort of pull through for a towing rig other than across multiple spaces. I’ll grab a few pics when it opens.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/21 01:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stsmark wrote:

The one by us is maybe 1/2 mi from our house. It’s close to opening with 12 positions, I’ll have to see if it has mixed format spots as well. It does not appear to have any sort of pull through for a towing rig other than across multiple spaces. I’ll grab a few pics when it opens.

I was hoping Tesla will put in more pull-throughs for shared charging with Semis and Cybertruck.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/21 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’ve noticed that the latest ones have a stall on either end where you can pull in with a shorter trailer (maybe 22ish feet) and then the “pump” will line up with the charge port.

The non Tesla stalls are because the province is essentially contracting Tesla to make st least 25 percent “generic” connectors. (Read Chademo/CCS). Kind a cool.

stsmark

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/21 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tesla charge ports are drivers rear corner on the vehicles, correct?

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/21 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stsmark wrote:

Yep.

[image]

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/21 09:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stsmark wrote:

This also works, but it ties up two charging spots.

[image]

I am seeing this at a few of the smaller but more recent Superchargers I have seen. Drive in, back out. It works as well, but the places I have seen this the amount the trailer can stick out is usually limited to about a car length and a half...ish.

[image]

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/21 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The tri-motor Cybertruck with 500 mile range (non-towing) would be great with the new 2021 Airstream Basecamp 20X trailer.

[image]

video

Cybertruck with the shorter 16ft version :
[image]

* This post was edited 03/30/21 05:59pm by 8.1 Van *

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 764  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.