Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 699  
Prev  |  Next
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/11/21 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator


EV battery swap.




I usually would plan my refueling stops on my lunch and bathroom breaks and might be needing this situationally.

This was first proposed by Tesla for semis which is apt for their need for quick turn-around and limited battery range.

It's good to know there is somebody going into and this is already happening as this as this makes sense.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/11/21 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tesla Will Make 350 kW Superchargers, Says Elon Musk

That would give you 200 miles in ten minutes and will continue to improve.


2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT


8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/11/21 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

video

Tvov

CT

Senior Member

Joined: 07/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 06/12/21 04:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:


EV battery swap.




I usually would plan my refueling stops on my lunch and bathroom breaks and might be needing this situationally.

This was first proposed by Tesla for semis which is apt for their need for quick turn-around and limited battery range.

It's good to know there is somebody going into and this is already happening as this as this makes sense.


Wasn't Tesla working on some sort of battery swap stations years ago?


_________________________________________________________
2008 F-250 CrewCab 5.4L,
2004 21' Forest River Surveyor


rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/20/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/12/21 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tvov wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:


EV battery swap.




I usually would plan my refueling stops on my lunch and bathroom breaks and might be needing this situationally.

This was first proposed by Tesla for semis which is apt for their need for quick turn-around and limited battery range.

It's good to know there is somebody going into and this is already happening as this as this makes sense.




Wasn't Tesla working on some sort of battery swap stations years ago?


Yes, Tesla was also working on some sort of electric semi truck years ago. I haven't seen one yet. I think there's a very long thread about it somewhere on some RV forum, but it's been a long time since someone mentioned this mysterious truck.... [emoticon]

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/12/21 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

video

rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/20/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/12/21 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^^^ impressive video, in less than four years Tesla has gone from rolling one out on stage to driving one bobtail around a track, showing a couple of clips of one pulling a 53' van around the block, and a really cool shot of a Tesla tractor sitting on a lowboy being hauled by a diesel tractor. I'm not a marketing genius, but shouldn't it be the other way around? Maybe Tesla will be a player in the class 8 trucking world by 2030, maybe not. In other news, the Freightliner eCascadia is approaching 1,000,000 miles of real world testing.

free radical

Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 02/07/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/12/21 07:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rjstractor wrote:

^^^ impressive video, in less than four years Tesla has gone from rolling one out on stage to driving one bobtail around a track, showing a couple of clips of one pulling a 53' van around the block, and a really cool shot of a Tesla tractor sitting on a lowboy being hauled by a diesel tractor. I'm not a marketing genius, but shouldn't it be the other way around? Maybe Tesla will be a player in the class 8 trucking world by 2030, maybe not. In other news, the Freightliner eCascadia is approaching 1,000,000 miles of real world testing.

So how much cost that Freightliner truck? Whats the range? How many did they built and sold?
If its sucesful so much the better,Tesla cant do it all alone,the gigafactories take time to build,while other companies already have many,so whats the hold up ? Start building ev trucks already !

Tesla real world towing

https://youtu.be/8DCjy5P53ns

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/13/21 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Tesla Gigafactory Texas 12 June 2021

[image]

I bet most Tesla Semi trucks will be built in Texas using the new 4680 batteries.

rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/20/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/13/21 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

rjstractor wrote:

^^^ impressive video, in less than four years Tesla has gone from rolling one out on stage to driving one bobtail around a track, showing a couple of clips of one pulling a 53' van around the block, and a really cool shot of a Tesla tractor sitting on a lowboy being hauled by a diesel tractor. I'm not a marketing genius, but shouldn't it be the other way around? Maybe Tesla will be a player in the class 8 trucking world by 2030, maybe not. In other news, the Freightliner eCascadia is approaching 1,000,000 miles of real world testing.

So how much cost that Freightliner truck? Whats the range? How many did they built and sold?
If its sucesful so much the better,Tesla cant do it all alone,the gigafactories take time to build,while other companies already have many,so whats the hold up ? Start building ev trucks already !

Tesla real world towing

https://youtu.be/8DCjy5P53ns


Click on the link I provided, it answers many of your questions. I don't know what the cost is. Production to start next year.

What's the holdup? Diesel trucks are still much cheaper to operate per mile. When electric trucks become more cost effective, and with time they will, they will dominate the market. My point to this post was, while Tesla is still showing little video clips about its small handful of prototypes after almost 4 years, another manufacturer actually has electric trucks out on the road working and ready to go into production. I hope Tesla does soon.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 699  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.