Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 752  
Prev  |  Next
noteven

Turtle Island

Senior Member

Joined: 02/13/2011

View Profile



Posted: 11/24/21 12:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Range - a prototype Rivian travelled from Ushuaia Argentina to San Diego USA

That’s pretty far.

See “The Long Way Up”

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/29/2003

View Profile



Posted: 11/24/21 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If only all my trips were NY to LA -

All of the upcoming all-electric models from Hyundai, Kia and Genesis will be based on this solution, which offers high-capacity batteries for long range (up to about 300 miles), dual motor all-wheel drive and ultra-fast charging capability (0-80% charge in under 18 minutes in the case of Kia EV6).

This particular Kia EV6 is the one that set a new Guinness World Record in terms of the shortest charging time on a journey across the U.S. (from New York City to Los Angeles) - 7 hours 10 minutes and 1 second.

The Kia EV6 model which is expected to enter the U.S. market in Q1 2022.


Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

free radical

Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 02/07/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/24/21 09:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

Range - a prototype Rivian travelled from Ushuaia Argentina to San Diego USA

That’s pretty far.

See “The Long Way Up”

Ive seen that vid.
they had suport vehicle with gas burning generator to REcharge Rivian
Truck.
Not a very clean way to travel. Lol

At least Tesla has the advantage of largest SCharger network in the country.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 11/25/21 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

noteven wrote:

Range - a prototype Rivian travelled from Ushuaia Argentina to San Diego USA

That’s pretty far.

See “The Long Way Up”

Ive seen that vid.
they had suport vehicle with gas burning generator to REcharge Rivian
Truck.
Not a very clean way to travel. Lol

At least Tesla has the advantage of largest SCharger network in the country.
That kind of makes you wonder, "What's the point?".


Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/25/21 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

free radical wrote:

noteven wrote:

Range - a prototype Rivian travelled from Ushuaia Argentina to San Diego USA

That’s pretty far.

See “The Long Way Up”

Ive seen that vid.
they had suport vehicle with gas burning generator to REcharge Rivian
Truck.
Not a very clean way to travel. Lol

At least Tesla has the advantage of largest SCharger network in the country.
That kind of makes you wonder, "What's the point?".


the point of a large supercharger network? For accessibility during road trips. Not sure what your asking.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 11/25/21 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was referring to the idea of hauling a gas burning generator along. I mean now you have to haul gas for the generator so you can recharge the electric truck.

A large supercharger network is a necessity if EV's are to be realistically useful.

Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/25/21 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

I was referring to the idea of hauling a gas burning generator along. I mean now you have to haul gas for the generator so you can recharge the electric truck.

A large supercharger network is a necessity if EV's are to be realistically useful.


Ahh you are referring to the Rivian tests. I think that was an extreme durance test kinda thing. Pre-production. If it’s the one we watched it was mostly engineers proving out the truck. From what I remember it was pretty remote and extreme conditions. I would think many manufacturers do that. It was fun to watch.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/25/21 05:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

I was referring to the idea of hauling a gas burning generator along. I mean now you have to haul gas for the generator so you can recharge the electric truck.

A large supercharger network is a necessity if EV's are to be realistically useful.


KOA Campgrounds To Begin Installing EV Charging Stations

EV charging stations will get a boost from the infrastructure package

[image]

[image]

Tesla Semi gets out for a quick charge at Megacharger


2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT


Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/25/21 09:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good to see KOA getting on board. Nice.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/26/21 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And seeing charging stations in West coast state and county parks and campgrounds too.

Should also happen with national park and forest campgrounds with the administration's build back better plans.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 752  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.