Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 763  
Prev  |  Next
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/22 02:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8.1 Van wrote:

The Tesla Semi is going to kill diesel semi truck sales in the future if diesel prices stay high IMHO.
[image]

Buddy, just be careful to not piss your pants with the volume of Tesla Koolaid you drink every day!

PS, change your screen name as well. Not very befitting for you.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

ShinerBock

LVTX

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/22 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8.1 Van wrote:

The Tesla Semi is going to kill diesel semi truck sales in the future if diesel prices stay high IMHO.

Gas prices get passed onto the consumers the same way higher taxes do and generally aren't absorbed by trucking companies. Also, regardless of what it costs, these Tesla semi's cannot fill the role of long haul trucks truck that can go 1,200 miles and fill up for another 1,200 miles in 15 minutes. Most of your trucks are long haul and this Tesla semi will not be bale to fill that role even 10 or 15 years down he road unless battery and charging technology has a drastic leap forward.

In regards to city/day cab truck, yes these EV's will work great. I have already been involved in selling several semi-truck chargers(not Tesla) to customers in our California region at work. Short distance city driving is perfect for BEV's both passenger vehicles and semi's.

8.1 Van, I am sorry, but I think you are spewing nonsense to keep this thread going. You are posting false images, and saying things that aren't even true about semi's or the industry(which I have worked in for over 20 years) in general. I know you believe in your cause, but you are doing more harm for it than good by doing this.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/22 02:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Yes, that is a doctored image.

It is stiff like this, which I mentioned in the Lightning truck thread, is part of the reason why it is so hard to take hard core EV'ers seriously. Anyone who looks at the image for more than 30 seconds can tell it is fake. 8.1 Van, if you want anyone to take you seriously or want to pull more people to your cause, then I would recommend doing a better job of vetting this kind of fake news.

Not the least of which being the Tesla Semi is a tandem, no a single, from what I've seen.

I wish I could live in some people's fantasy worlds...seriously.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/22 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

8.1 Van, I am sorry, but I think you are spewing nonsense to keep this thread going. You are posting false images, and saying things that aren't even true about semi's or the industry(which I have worked in for over 20 years) in general. I know you believe in your cause, but you are doing more harm for it than good by doing this.

I prefer to think of it as providing comedic relief ....

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/22 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Tesla’s long-awaited electric truck has finally been priced for the US, ahead of a claimed production start in 2023.

The Tesla Semi, an electric heavy truck first revealed in concept form in 2017, will be priced from US$150,000 (A$217,879) with a claimed range of 483km.

A longer-range model with 805km of range will be priced from US$180,000 (A$261,526).

Tesla’s US website now allows customers to place a reservation, though this will cost US$20,000 (A$29,058) – or the price of a base Toyota Corolla there.

Tesla Semi prices released, orders open in the US

[image]

Tesla Semi

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/22 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8.1 Van - instead of links to other stuff, could you please provide the link to order the semi. I only see the link to reserve the semi. Same link for past years, with a promise in the future.

As for the semi killing diesel sales, are you dream just like the CyberTruck has killed the sales of the F Series, Ram and Silverado/Sierra?

Statements and reservations do not displace sales.

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/22 03:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

He’s literally the new Yosemite Sam guy.
BTW I thought our mods were pretty tough on spammers. But this guy seems to slide by with zero contributions save for re-posting Yoo Toob videos.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/22 05:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Quote:

Tesla is asking for a $US20,000 ($A29,020) reservation fee. Interested parties are asked to deposit $US5,000 immediately and then arrange a wire for the remainder within 10 days, plus another $US20,000 for each vehicle required.

Tesla claims that as half the costs of running a diesel semi-trailer are fuel, the payback time for the Semi is two years.

Of course, the Semi is only available in the US for now.

link

[image]

Order Tesla Semi with card

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/22 09:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Of course, the Semi is only available in the US for now."

Okay, now that's funny, I don't care who you are. [emoticon]

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/22 10:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now maybe someone can build electric motorhomes too.

https://youtu.be/exDrahDrLzo

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 763  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.