Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 763  
Prev  |  Next
BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/22 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Upgrade movie producers, writers and designers should sue Tusk for copyright of their vehicle

[image]

[image]

[image]

Here is the Tusk copycat design =

[image]

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/22 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was thinking more like this Ben! LOL The 70's called and wants their truck back!
[image]

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/22 02:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Quote:

Tesla Supplier Shows Off Completed 9000-t Giga Press That Will Build The Cybertruck’s Body
Tesla's Giga Press supplier, IDRA, for the past few weeks has been sharing the construction process of a massive 9000-ton Giga Press that will be used to produce the Cybertruck's body. And today, IDRA for the first time showed off the new 9000-ton Giga Press fully assembled.

Torque News

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/22 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8.1 Van wrote:

[image]

Quote:

Tesla Supplier Shows Off Completed 9000-t Giga Press That Will Build The Cybertruck’s Body
Tesla's Giga Press supplier, IDRA, for the past few weeks has been sharing the construction process of a massive 9000-ton Giga Press that will be used to produce the Cybertruck's body. And today, IDRA for the first time showed off the new 9000-ton Giga Press fully assembled.

Torque News

How ironic. Not that this is not new technology....most all vehicle panels and uni bodies are stamped. Along with 100s of other parts in ANY vehicle.
But moreso, just hilarious that a vehicle that looks like the product of a high school sheet metal class or a very nice rendering of a Pinewood Derby Car, that the body panels could literally be made with a brake and a shear, is garnering the fascination of ole Elon8.1!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/22 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Quote:

Now, Tesla CEO Elon Musk has confirmed that the machine is going to be used for the Cybertruck body.

This is not surprising considering that Tesla already disclosed that the Cybertruck is going to be built using a stainless-steel exoskeleton body that was going to require a new level of casting capability.

electrek

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/22 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I want someone who wants to play Hullk to show us how he can cast a 3mm stainless steel panel nearly 20 feet long with a brake and shear.[emoticon]

Or, he can use several brakes and, surely, he only needs one shear -- and he can take as long as he wants to cut it into shape of the Cybertruck or Pinewood Derby Car if he wants to simplify it.[emoticon]

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/22 11:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

I want someone who wants to play Hullk to show us how he can cast a 3mm stainless steel panel nearly 20 feet long with a brake and shear.[emoticon]

Or, he can use several brakes and, surely, he only needs one shear -- and he can take as long as he wants to cut it into shape of the Cybertruck or Pinewood Derby Car if he wants to simplify it.[emoticon]

I won’t expound on how silly the first statement seems, ok, I will. You are insinuating that the body panels, made of stainless (idk what grade, doesn’t matter though) are roughly 400% thicker than the average auto body panel (hood, fender, roof, etc skin)?
Not to mention you must be referencing very small manually operated sheet metal tools?

To the second part, yes my response you’re referencing was largely tongue in cheek in reference to the fact that there doesn’t appear to even be a single curved panel and not even any compound bends or breaks in the skin. I’m fully aware that a press like that is or will be used to form the structure of the car body.

How’s that 2% workin out these days? I’m not seein it, tbh.

Although I’ve heard drinkin the Koolaid helps with this, of which you have decidedly drank a lot of. Maybe not enough though….so keep it up. It may help, someday…

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/22 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Tesla Cybertruck’s 9,000-ton Giga Press

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/22 09:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Youre dealing w Ludites here.
Dont expect inteligent answers.
Only FUD

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/22 12:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Youre dealing w Ludites here.
Dont expect inteligent answers.
Only FUD

Awww not you too…
First Yosemite, then 8.1, now you?

Man at least Reisender owns a Tesla. Heck he even tows his camper with it. And is knowledgeable and contributory in a positive sense. (Actually he’s a pioneer of sorts in the EV/RV game, while you clowns just manifest as wanna be’s)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 763  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.