Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 682  
Prev  |  Next
free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/21 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

The new government with focus on climate change and alternative energy sources should take up Elon's offer to electrify the whole country with solar energy by providing for it 100 miller x 100 miles site to put it on.
I've read some reports that are wondering about the effect of that much heat produced by those black solar panels. It's my understanding that they're about 20% efficient so it would seem that they will radiate quite a bit of heat that would otherwise be reflected, since they would tend to be located in areas of normally high albedo.. Just a thought.

Black color absorbs heat it doesnt reflect it !

And solar panels are way more then 20% eficient

https://youtu.be/c-auRHKq2-A

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/21 09:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

The new government with focus on climate change and alternative energy sources should take up Elon's offer to electrify the whole country with solar energy by providing for it 100 miller x 100 miles site to put it on.

Good idea instead of wasting money tryin to play war games in Taiwan and tryin to destabilize Myanmar and Thailand in some vain hope it will stop China from becoming superpower it already is

How China is outpacing US in renewable energy

https://youtu.be/4zt-SMlaaM8

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/21 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

I've read some reports that are wondering about the effect of that much heat produced by those black solar panels. It's my understanding that they're about 20% efficient so it would seem that they will radiate quite a bit of heat that would otherwise be reflected, since they would tend to be located in areas of normally high albedo.. Just a thought.

"Black color absorbs heat it doesnt reflect it !"

Uh, that's what I said.

Everything I've read about solar panels say the same thing: 15% to 25% efficient.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/21 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

free radical wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

"Black color absorbs heat it doesnt reflect it !"

Uh, that's what I said.

Everything I've read about solar panels say the same thing: 15% to 25% efficient.

I was surprised to learn that at current efficiency using solar panels can actually lead to local warming due to the amount of solar radiation that they absorb. I had assumed that by converting some of the solar into electricity which is carried away carried away through wires they would cool the area. But, it turns out that at least is some areas the natural environment reflects more energy than the current panels convert into electricity. This leads to the natural environment being cooler.

As with all tests your results may vary but this is an interesting point to consider. It would be interesting to know what efficiency rate is needed for solar panels to be temperature neutral in various environments.

Solar panels in the Sahara would raise temperatures

2.5 degrees C or about 5 degrees F with 50% coverage is a pretty serious temperature increase.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/07/21 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

In China, climate is not political.. There's only one politics, lol.

And their cabinet officials are technocrats who are actually experts on matters related to the portfolio they lead.

Just like Japanese decades ago, they reverse engineer (err, steal) our technology and made imrpovements and sell it back to us cheaper.

The administration is summoning tech leaders for our country's continued ownership of the future with innovations and scientific discovery, computer technology and alternative energy.

Germany in it's economic model realized they cannot anymore compete on cheap widgets so they focus on better engineered value-added widgets.

* This post was edited 05/07/21 09:42am by Yosemite Sam1 *

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/21 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Amazing Cybertruck Sightings in NYC

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/21 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

free radical wrote:

In China, climate is not political.. There's only one politics, lol.

And their cabinet officials are technocrats who are actually experts on matters related to the portfolio they lead.

Just like Japanese decades ago, they reverse engineer (err, steal) our technology and made imrpovements and sell it back to us cheaper.

The administration is summoning tech leaders for our country's continued ownership of the future with innovations and scientific discovery, computer technology and alternative energy.

Germany in it's economic model realized they cannot anymore compete on cheap widgets so they focus on better engineered value-added widgets.

Not like we dont steal or intimidate other countries using dirty tricks or worse,such as having Canada kidnap arrest CEO of Huawei on some trumpted up charges as its big competion to our Apple co.

Toshiba got similar treatment from US back then so did French Epscom(sp) to make sure they dont beat Us in the tech game.
Anyhow
We dont need to buy China stuff,IF our leaders invested in infrastructure and busineses making all products we need here.

for example why is Apple stil in China when Tramp promised to bring it home making America greater again in the process?

Same with those semiconductor chips shortage now, dont we have experts here who can make them?

China stealin excuse doesnt work anymore,their leaders are well educated tech and financial experts who know whats best for the country

https://youtu.be/A3SbhDZtFsk

China poverty aleviation
https://youtu.be/vOUwYz_n3Wc

Btw I Forgot to add China has great advantage over us bc they dont allow drugs of any kind or guns for private use so youll never find any homeles junkies or get robbed,

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/21 02:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Inside Tesla's New Shanghai Gigafactory

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/21 11:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder how soon China willl require Tesla to get a Chinese partner to be allowed to continue to operate in the country.

I don't mind if Chinese government, or any another country, will require multinational companies operating in the country to require to list their shares in their local stock market so ordinary citizens and local investors can own part of the companies that makes profit on them.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/21 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Btw I Forgot to add China has great advantage over us bc they dont allow drugs of any kind or guns for private use so youll never find any homeles junkies or get robbed,"

And you let this stay? At least be somewhat even handed.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 682  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.