Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 620  
Prev  |  Next
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/19 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Cars are stuck in transit to Europe and China. A company ramping up in new markets apparently can easily confuse the number crunchers.

What I cannot make sense of, I could not find any articles on it or missed it. Deliveries aside, the production was only 77k automobiles. This is only a run rate in the 300k range. Is there any guidance or projections how they get to 400+k by the end of the year. Much less than a 500k run rate by the end of 2019.
500 I believe includes giga 3 in China.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

mich800 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Cars are stuck in transit to Europe and China. A company ramping up in new markets apparently can easily confuse the number crunchers.

What I cannot make sense of, I could not find any articles on it or missed it. Deliveries aside, the production was only 77k automobiles. This is only a run rate in the 300k range. Is there any guidance or projections how they get to 400+k by the end of the year. Much less than a 500k run rate by the end of 2019.

What is the domestic estimate? I thought it was 400k. Even that will be pretty tough to get to without a significant increase in quarterly numbers the next three quarters.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

mich800 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

What is the domestic estimate? I thought it was 400k. Even that will be pretty tough to get to without a significant increase in quarterly numbers the next three quarters.

Good morning. I don’t think that is domestic but rather North America, Europe and China.

I think at some point it won’t make sense to build here and ship to Europe. I can see them expanding the factory in Holland and building European models there. I think a lot of production time is list in switching between models for different countries. They haven’t even started making right hand drive 3’s yet. Meaning Great Britain, Japan and Australia reservation holders are still waiting. Must be a logistics nightmare having one factory build for so many countries. Even Canadian and Mexican builds are special. Ugh. Tough business.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/19 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Regardless it is the projected rate at the end of 2019

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Regardless it is the projected rate at the end of 2019

I thought I read 400k acutal or something like that. The 500 was from the infamous tweet where he backed off and stated differently.

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 12:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yup...Tusk tweeted 500K, then Tesla's official number was posted at 360,000 to 400,000...then Tusk changed his number downwards again

FanBoy's believe Tusk over Tesla's official numbers...

just one article about this Tesla Forecast May Undermine Musk Legal Defense, JPMorgan Says

Still think the judge will try to get Tusk's attention today...$20M fines didn't get his and board's attention

Maybe up the amount...hundreds of millions...billions ???

Maybe remove him from Tesla all together and/or forbid him from running any corporation in America

Maybe jail/prison time...

Maybe a combo of the above...

Tesla’s Elon Musk enters Manhattan courthouse in showdown with SEC

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/19 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Companies provide guidance all the time including revisions. But this is Tesla so everything is a bit insane to the point of criminal.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 01:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Companies provide guidance all the time including revisions. But this is Tesla so everything is a bit insane to the point of criminal.

18 months ago GM said there would be two new EV’s on the road within 18 months to compliment the Bolt. 18 months was up three days ago. And Bolt sales are falling. But that’s different, it’s GMC. You know, the ones we bail out with tax dollars once a decade. Too funny. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 04/04/19 02:10pm by Reisender *

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/19 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LA Times 2015

Careful, Tesla has prodigiously gorged at the taxpayers' trough since its beginning. Some of its ventures are black holes as far as payoff goes.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/19 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From CNBC

Essentially the judge ordered Elon and the SEC to go back to the playground, make nice and work it out?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 620  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.