Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 668  
Prev  |  Next
Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/20 09:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Sjm9911 wrote:

I get it the stock is doing great, even though they mostly make money from subsidies. Ford isnt, even though they sell more products and atually make real profits. Just hope that it dosen't go dot com on all the investers. But who knows. Thats why i might buy ford, but they have gained a bit also. Should have bought at 6 a share.

I think what is spooking some investors on the traditional North American car makers is the potential shrinking market shares. The list of countries not allowing sales of new vehicles with tail pipes is growing FAST. And the first cut off dates are only 4 years away. At least 4 companies will have electric pickups out within a year or two. All of them chipping away at market share.

Tesla sold half a million cars this year. Not a lot in the big scheme of things but every year that number grows, and somebody is losing those sales. Up to now it has been mostly BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc that Tesla has been stealing market share from. But the model Y is just getting started and the Cybertruck is not that far away.

They are also gaining market share in the other part of their business which is of course grid storage, off grid storage and solar.

Should be an interesting decade.

They have the lead, but what happens when others get involved? Supposedly GM has something up there sleeve along with a few of the still in buisness new solar companies. With that, the end date, like the aztec end of days, will most definitely be extended. Telsla is mostly a technology compony, gthere way ahead for now, but when that next technology comes along can they survive? Thats the true question. There implementing and manafatueing is a bit questionable. If they fix that they may be good to go. Like you said, intresting few years ahead!

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/20 09:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sjm9911 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Sjm9911 wrote:

I get it the stock is doing great, even though they mostly make money from subsidies. Ford isnt, even though they sell more products and atually make real profits. Just hope that it dosen't go dot com on all the investers. But who knows. Thats why i might buy ford, but they have gained a bit also. Should have bought at 6 a share.

I think what is spooking some investors on the traditional North American car makers is the potential shrinking market shares. The list of countries not allowing sales of new vehicles with tail pipes is growing FAST. And the first cut off dates are only 4 years away. At least 4 companies will have electric pickups out within a year or two. All of them chipping away at market share.

Tesla sold half a million cars this year. Not a lot in the big scheme of things but every year that number grows, and somebody is losing those sales. Up to now it has been mostly BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc that Tesla has been stealing market share from. But the model Y is just getting started and the Cybertruck is not that far away.

They are also gaining market share in the other part of their business which is of course grid storage, off grid storage and solar.

They have the lead, but what happens when others get involved? Supposedly GM has something up there sleeve along with a few of the still in buisness new solar companies. With that, the end date, like the aztec end of days, will most definitely be extended. Telsla is mostly a technology compony, gthere way ahead for now, but when that next technology comes along can they survive? Thats the true question. There implementing and manafatueing is a bit questionable. If they fix that they may be good to go. Like you said, intresting few years ahead!

A crystal ball would be way handy right now. [emoticon].

I think VW and GM could be players in the next 5 years. VW is racing the clock to have a total EV lineup as big parts of Europe will have a no tail pipe law on new vehicles real fast. GM has a little more time as more of their market is in North America and I think the earliest date for no tail pipes here is 2035 (Quebec and California. BC is 2040 but possibly being moved up to 2035).

Batteries factories will be key. Whoever makes the batteries fast enough wins.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/20 12:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

8.1, Tesla is trading as part of the SP-500 on Monday. I assume this is the final surge as the big index companies rotate and rebalance shares to reflect this change. Note the SP-500 was down today.
Could be more pressure on Monday but expect it to taper off for a bit until these two factories under construction prove themselves.

Don't know how being included in S&P adds value to the Tesla stocks.

But I made money the trade, so whose complaining. Tesla stocks swung 7% up and down and up today (then down after hours)..

Dang, I did not hold the stocks for long. I got dizzy and sold it, lol.

But watching.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/20 12:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Sjm9911 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Sjm9911 wrote:

A crystal ball would be way handy right now. [emoticon].

I think VW and GM could be players in the next 5 years. VW is racing the clock to have a total EV lineup as big parts of Europe will have a no tail pipe law on new vehicles real fast. GM has a little more time as more of their market is in North America and I think the earliest date for no tail pipes here is 2035 (Quebec and California. BC is 2040 but possibly being moved up to 2035).

Batteries factories will be key. Whoever makes the batteries fast enough wins.

QS, in partnership with VW and supported my Microsoft says they have breakthrough technology of 15-minute charging at 80%.

But again, it's vapor ware until they show us and the techies have tested them.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/20 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well color me surprised,,not
VW talks big on evs but their dealers dont much care for seling them,

https://electrek.co/2020/12/17/study-ger........o-sell-id-3-even-as-vw-talks-big-on-evs/

Tesla is smart seling to customers direct

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/20 09:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

Well color me surprised,,not
VW talks big on evs but their dealers dont much care for seling them,

https://electrek.co/2020/12/17/study-ger........o-sell-id-3-even-as-vw-talks-big-on-evs/

Tesla is smart seling to customers direct

This is what I’ve been saying for awhile, and we experienced first hand when we bought our first two EV’s. 5 or so years ago. Generally speaking buying the leaf wasn’t a horrible experience but it was definitely lacking. The salesman had zero product knowledge. He tried to talk us into another gas car while the car we were looking at was charging making sure we realized that waiting for a charge would be part of the EV experience...which of course is total BS. The dealership didn’t even have them charged for a test drive.

There are still left over 2019 Chevy Bolts on the lot...and no deals to buy them. Rumour has it that GM won’t make them take any more if they haven’t sold the old stock.

Meanwhile, it’s still 6 to weeks to get a Tesla unless you can find an inventory car that fits your wish list. And no sales people to deal with.

Getting dealers to play ball is going to be tough. It might be tough to compete against an internet sales model.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/20 08:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Apple into EV

And then there is Apple.

There has been suggestion of Apple investing into Tesla for a tech partnership with Apple extending it's ecosystem.

But that ship has sailed and it appears Apple will do the EV by themselves.

Interesting!

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/20 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Apple into EV

And then there is Apple.

There has been suggestion of Apple investing into Tesla for a tech partnership with Apple extending it's ecosystem.

Interesting!

Competition is good. It looks like Xpeng, considered to be a Chinese Tesla clone, is also starting exports into Europe. Hopefully North America next.

Long term I think Chinese companies are going to be a dominating force in the EV market.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/20 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Apple into EV

And then there is Apple.

Interesting!

Competition is good. It looks like Xpeng, considered to be a Chinese Tesla clone, is also starting exports into Europe. Hopefully North America next.

Long term I think Chinese companies are going to be a dominating force in the EV market.

Some 3 years ago, there were already several Chinese companies wanting to build EV cars here. Still none is on the road.

I know, I got a call from one in SoCal asking me if I'll be interested to work for them.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/20 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Apple into EV

And then there is Apple.

Interesting!

Some 3 years ago, there were already several Chinese companies wanting to build EV cars here. Still none is on the road.

I know, I got a call from one in SoCal asking me if I'll be interested to work for them.

I think the Volvo electrics will probably make it into the North American market. But they are currently built in China. I haven’t seen any scuttlebutt on a North American factory yet.

I know the first Nissan Arriyas will be built in Japan but wondering if they won’t eventually use the leaf factory in Tennessee.

The only other significant North American EV development is the Mexican efforts to build a centre of excellence for EV manufacturing. This all started with Ford building the Mustang E there but apparently there is a push at every level including trades training etc to make it more attractive for other manufacturers to locate their E car/truck manufacturing there. Hope it goes well for them.

GM looks like they are getting serious with their E-car efforts in the US. Took them awhile but they could be major players in 4 or 5 years.

Chrysler? Crickets. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 668  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.