cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Albuquerque on I-25 to Tucson on I-10

berreez
Explorer
Explorer
How is the drive south from Albuquerque on I-25 to Tucson on I-10? Are there a lot of steep climbs and descents? I will be taking my 37’ Class A (Thor Challenger – gasser) pulling a Jeep.
7 REPLIES 7

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is the proverbial piece of cake. We've driven it many times towing our TT and with our current Class C {usually towing my Harley}.

I'm planning on doing an "Iron Butt" ride {1,000 miles in 24 hours}, on the Harley in October and that is the route I will utilize just because the roads are so good, reasonably flat with minimal traffic for a couple of interstates {except I will take I-10 from Tucson all the way to Las Cruces before turning north on to I-25 as this will make Albuquerque a 519 mile turn around point}. The shortcut through Hatch to Deming is a good choice albeit a tad slow through Hatch but be sure and stop for salsa and chiles.

:B

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
There are two places you will need to watch your downhill speed on. One in NM on I-25 (Canada Alamosa) around the 90 mi marker. It is well signed and speed drops to 65. It is a couple of long sweeping curves down into a canyon and then back up. Nothing to really worry about. The other is in AZ on I-10 around mile 320. It is the Texas Canyon downgrade, it is about 15 miles of down hill but nothing to steep. There is a rest area at the top just before the down grade if you want to stop.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

berreez
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all.

jdealcpa
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Hatch. Very easy drive.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
If you've driven Springfield to Branson on the 65, the route you're asking bout ain't nuth'n.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

brooks379
Explorer
Explorer
Easy drive ! When going south on I 25 there is a cut off at Hatch,NM to Demming, NM from I 25 to I 10 that will save some miles. No hills.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
No issues. Enjoy the drive.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad