cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floorplan advice

twyand
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at Class C, maybe an A, with a floorplan that is setup more for traveling comfort and less like a condo on wheels. We won't be boondocking much for now, but a generator is a must. Something with a small kitchen, maybe smaller bedroom, but nice bath and seating for travelling. We have a conversion van now, but want something a bit bigger.

If a used tour bus was within the budget, I think that would be perfect, but too big.

Any ideas who makes a rig like that? Thanks!
twyand
2001 Ford/LA West conversion van
6 REPLIES 6

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
Back in high school, parents rented a Class A for a family trip across the country. There was my parents, grandmother and us 3 kids. The back end had a u shaped couch that you could put a table in the middle or drop it down and put the back cushions down and make the whole area into a bed. Jacknife couch on one side and booth on other. Was a lot of fun, and great for kids.
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions

charlysmom_dad
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Thor Vegas. Generator, small kitchen. Our bathroom is small, but some of the other vegas floorplans have a tad bigger bath. We bought it for the big bed, very comfortable.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, IMO most class A & C motor homes are setup for more living comfort than travel comfort. You wont normally see larger bathrooms and staterooms until you get into 36' and longer higher end RV's which generally limits you to a class A with multiple slides. Keep looking. Stating your budget would help you get better answers.

Chum lee

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
winnie travato, paseo, or era
bumpy

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"We won't be boondocking much for now, but a generator is a must."

Why if you won't be dry camping/boondocking is a generator necessary? And except for AC solar powers my RV without a genny.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the Thor Vegas
Dennis Hoppert