cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yoho - Monarch vs Kicking Horse

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Our plans have changes. We now plan to visit the Canada Rockies in early Sept 2018. Our initial plan was to stay at Kicking Horse Campground. However, since we boondock and dry camp often one of our boondocking friends suggested we stay at Monarch CG and save about $10.00 per night. He said, "only advantage at KH is hot showers"

I Google Monarch GC. It appears to be an overflow CG for Kicking Horse and should fit our needs for a 30 foot 5er.

One problem -- One of the camping reviews implied that they could not stay at Monarch UNLESS Kicking Horse was full. The ranger had asked them to move their tent to Kicking Horse because KH was not full.

Can someone expand on the policy at Monarch?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
3 REPLIES 3

Powder_pig
Explorer
Explorer
I suppose you could view Monarch as an overflow place but we have stayed there a few times in our fifth wheel. It has sites with lots of sun for our solar panel and is easy to get in and out of. The one drawback is the highway noise from trucks coming down the big hill into Field from the East. If it is open when you are here I would not hesitate to stay there.

canadafan
Explorer
Explorer
You should not have a problem staying at Monarch, we have stayed there several times, yes it is an overflow for Kicking Horse but if it is open you should be able to stay there. Good for your rig.
Kicking Horse is better, since, it has flushing toilets, showers, and it is further from the highway and there are more shady sites.
My info also says Monarch closes on the 5th.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
According to the website Monarch closes on Sept 5th.