cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rv awning screen

Davion206
Explorer
Explorer
Can a rv awning screen be rolled up with the awning, if you have a power amning?
2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 260ds
2016 Colorado 4x4
Ed and Joyce and Luci Lou
5 REPLIES 5

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
We have rolled our up a time or two. It sounds like it puts a little extra load on the motor so I prefer not to do it.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
We unzip and remove the lower 6' section and then roll the 2' section up in the awning and have had no problems at all.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Mine unzips and is folded. I tried rolling it up but it didn't work out very well.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
We roll our screen up with the power awning. We give it a little push to help with the weight, but after that, no problems.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

path1
Explorer
Explorer
I roll mine up and have one of these...https://www.shadepro.net/product/vista-shade-for-electric-rv-awnings/

You make the choice...I bought ours very close to company headquarters. Somebody from Corp was filling in the day for usual sales guy. Corp guy said "absolelty NO, Company will not be responsible for any damage". Following day dropped in again to ask if they could cut 8 inches off the bottom and buy the optional sides. Different sales guy was there, I asked same question. He said Company will not be responsible then said two things...

1st..."many people do and don't have any problem but make sure the tab for zipper is flat against tube before rolling up".
The tab which is pretty big for a zipper...if it were sticking out and rolled up, I do see where some damage could occur. When I mash my button to roll it up I watch the tab to make sure it flops in (and not sticking out) Hard to see at night also.

2nd...Other reason was some awnings manufacture wants owners to mash the button and not stop till awning is all the way in. (unsure what manufacture) But stopping to flop in zipper tab is hard on some awnings or switches or whatever.

So take your pick. Us after getting over "safe" or not, we've had no problems, even in some big winds when driving.

The sides turned out to be money down the tube for us. To much of hassle to put up and take down. Maybe just us. Ours has been on for last 3 years. No problems.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"