cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toy Hauler with a good seating arrangement for home theater

Lexx
Explorer
Explorer
We have triplet 6 y.o. boys and we want to start traveling together during summers with a trailer. We're torn between a fifth wheeler vs toy hauler.

A friend has a Grand Design 379FL, with the front living room. It's got a seating arrangement where you're all sitting around a big tv in front. That's great for a home theater type set up.

But we like the toy haulers because they've got the garage which we can use as an extra bedroom for the kids. Plus they usually have a 2nd bathroom which is nice when you have little boys whose aim isn't always so good if you know what I mean :W

On top of that, toy haulers tend to have a fold out deck, which is another attractive feature.

However, most toy haulers have the tv mounted at an angle to the seating in the main kitchen area. Or the tv is mounted to the side.

Do any toy haulers have a seating arrangement where you're sitting around a tv like our friend's Grand Design?

2017 Ruby Red Platinum F450 - my kids call her "Big Red"
2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh
10 REPLIES 10

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
these toyhaulers are not exact but close to what your looking for. They have an L-shaped seating arrangement and the 2nd bathroom. Heartland makes a good product. I'm sure other manufactures have similar floorplan as these. They are long and heavy toyhaulers.

Heartland CY 4151

Heartland CY 4150

Heartland CY 4005

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

C_and_D_Tabby
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone Montana High Country 380 & 381 Toy Haulers. and Grand Design 374th and 376th models all have a small garage under the rear master bed large enough for a motorcycle or golf cart.
https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/default/files/floorplan/Media%20browser/Momentum376THGarage.gif
https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2018/toy-hauler/momentum/floorplans/376th

Lexx
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies.

In reply to some of the comments:

1) I fully realize that we are mobile, on the road and this is our house. I also know some people like to camp and spend their time outdoors. We do to but we're not really campers. We plan on being somewhere with full hook ups most of the time. We're not going to spend the entire day indoors, but we do like to spend the evenings watching movies.

2) Grand Design's 376 TH is interesting but it doesn't really have a patio and it looks like the bed is limited to a queen size. We'd love a king size bed, and we'll probably replace the existing mattress with a Tempurpedic memory foam unit, since I have neck and back issues.

3) Most of the toy haulers with a somewhat decent seating arrangement for tv viewing involves an L-shaped couch. The problem with that is this type of couch appears to only have a single fold out mattress. We have 3 growing boys!

4) I guess we'll have to keep looking. My wife like the Grand Design Solitude 377 Fifth Wheel, with the mid-bedroom layout. I could live with the seating arrangement for the tv in the living room, but it has no fold out deck. Can't have everything I suppose.

2017 Ruby Red Platinum F450 - my kids call her "Big Red"
2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
They all pretty much suck, I was just at a show looking at at the toy haulers and 99% of them had the TV at a 90 degree angle to the seating area. I would point out to the other show attendees how wrong that was and they all agreed, very poor placement.

Best set up, though not perfect, I ever saw was the Weekend Warrior Full Throttle, it had the TV up high over the entrance at an angle toward the seating, too bad no one makes one like that anymore.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

mattmountz94
Explorer
Explorer
Raptor 425 and Momentum 394/395 are sort of decent. 1-maybe 2 seats sit straight on then the rest have to view from the side.

dedmiston
Hey Lexx - I agree with Nayther that it's more fun to sit outside around the fire, but it's also pretty nice to have a cool setup inside.

Our trailer came with big TVs in the main living area and the front bedroom, and then my wife had me install another one in the garage to cover up that ugly sticker that says "put TV here", or something like that. I don't think we've turned it on, but it's nice to have, I suppose.

Here's our floor plan. We're able to comfortably see the screen from the sofas on either side of the room. I've seen other toy hauler layouts that were more TV-centric, but they weren't as open for bigger families and friends.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be a bit blunt.

If you're going camping/RV'g is watching T.V. such an important thing? You can do that at home. We go camping to be outdoors. Yes we have a T.V. and satellite but that is only for watching special things like sports or MX. We do use the T.V. more when it's just the DW and I and we're staying in a R.V. park or similar.

You won't find a "front living room" layout like that in a toy hauler that I've seem. I've also seen non-toy haulers with bunks and a half bath. And the bunkhouse doubles as an entertainment space with a table, etc.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
We use our TH for movies but we sit outside.

I used to hang a sheet on the side of the trailer but now have a 10' screen and other than that all you need is a computer, a projector and speakers. We love sitting by the fire and watching a movie. Other will join in too and yes we always let the neighbors know and invite them.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
kz venom 4011qk is what you are wanting

tmm2good
Explorer
Explorer
Grand Design makes the 376th Momentum with the front living room, just like the one you posted, but it has a small garage, no patio option. Agreed, most toyhaulers have the TV at an awful angle to watch from the sofa. That is one of our main things we have been looking at in our search for a new trailer.
18 GD Momentum 376
13 GMC Denali Dually D/A
Motorcycles / ATV's