Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Customer service lacking
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Customer service lacking

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/17 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dixon20 wrote:

parts availability is often dependent upon supplier and production constraints.

Allow me to translate......While we do have sufficient numbers of the parts in question to maintain production, under no circumstances will we send your dealer those and jeopardize production. You can wait, we already have your money.

2015 GMC 2500HD SLE Z71 DCLB It's got a cop motor, a three hundred and sixty six cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters, so it'll run good on regular gas.

1968mooney

Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/17 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ralph Cramden wrote:

dixon20 wrote:

Allow me to translate......While we do have sufficient numbers of the parts in question to maintain production, under no circumstances will we send your dealer those and jeopardize production. You can wait, we already have your money.

Be sure to have the Attorney add Ralph Cramden to your demand letter. Save this post as he tells you up front "you can wait, we already have your money". Fine attitude for a Company to take.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/17 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ralph Cramden wrote:

dixon20 wrote:

You think that is a BAD decision? To STOP a million dollar a day production to ship a production part? Get real. Yes, they may not have the part in Stock. In some cases that part is NOT a common failed part and they order as needed. While it may not seem right, stopping millions of dollars in production is NOT going to happen. Has nothing to do with an attitude of we have your money and you can pound sand. Doug

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/17 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

Ralph Cramden wrote:

dixon20 wrote:

You think that is a BAD decision? To STOP a million dollar a day production to ship a production part? Get real. Yes, they may not have the part in Stock. In some cases that part is NOT a common failed part and they order as needed. While it may not seem right, stopping millions of dollars in production is NOT going to happen. Has nothing to do with an attitude of we have your money and you can pound sand. Doug

It is a BAD decision not having a supply on hand of common parts for warranty service. Especially if you have the experience of waiting without the use of your rig for weeks at a time. It's well known the industry could give a **** less about past or repeat customers. Take a new truck in to Ford and see how long it takes for a coin in repair. If they don't have the part 99% of the time they'll have it the next day.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/17 05:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Couldn't read all that.
I'll just wait for the movie, which is to be titled "Brevity and you".
[emoticon]

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

imgoin4it

Alamogordo, NM USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/22/17 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can feel for you. My experience with a new winnebago in 2001 was somewhat do similiar as yous only mine went on for 5 years until I got rid of iy. For 5 years I started and completed every trip I took at the dealer. The dealer was responsive , but sometimes had to wait for parts that took forever to arrivr. The dealer supported me to winnebago and winnebago picked my coach up in NM, took it back to the factory and returned it to me. Winnebago was still authorizing one year type warranty work at the 5 yesr point. I kept track of the mileage didicated to warranty. It was 8000 miles. I talked to every same model I found in RV parks, maybe 100, and no,one had problems like I did. I think sometimes they just produce a lemon.I solved my problem when I got a Newmar product. I feel for you, good luck.

Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Tntman

Livingston, Texas USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/22/17 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a Similar situation with Fleetwood in 2000. I found an attorney who took the case on contingency. He filed a Magnuson-Moss consumer protection case. This is a federal statute that says "a coffee pot should make coffee". If it doesn't, manufacturer must buy it back. Part of M-M states the item cannot be out for service more than 30 working days. Lemon laws in most states cover only the chassis, so you have to use M-M. Good luck and don't wait to long and have records to back you up.
This post may be removed for obvious reasons, it has been removed before as if someone is protecting the manufacturers.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST,
Mike, Jill and our dog Goshe
Our Booger dog is with us in a custom urn, miss ya Boogs
2003 Tiffin Phaeton, Roadmaster tow products, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Good Sam, SKP, FMCA F292654

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/17 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tntman wrote:

I had a Similar situation with Fleetwood in 2000. I found an attorney who took the case on contingency. He filed a Magnuson-Moss consumer protection case. This is a federal statute that says "a coffee pot should make coffee". If it doesn't, manufacturer must buy it back. Part of M-M states the item cannot be out for service more than 30 working days. Lemon laws in most states cover only the chassis, so you have to use M-M. Good luck and don't wait to long and have records to back you up.
This post may be removed for obvious reasons, it has been removed before as if someone is protecting the manufacturers.

That's all fine but the end has to outweigh the means, and the means to get ahead under that act are out of reach for most unless it's a class action, and then you get squat.
Even if you can find someone to take it on they're going to take a sizeable percentage of any gain. It's not like a civil injury or wrongful death action. Cases where the consumer came out ahead are few and far between. The RV Industry is well aware of it.

Texas is the only state I'm aware of that has a lemon law covering towable RVs. From what I have read about it it's full of loopholes and hoops that must be jumped through. If you look carefully you'll also find it's reflected in the retail pricing as they (manufacturer / dealers) understand the potential liabilty. Its one of the main reasons the mid west self proclaimed "wholesale" RV dealers sell a lot of RVs to Texans. Stop in at RVW in Ohio at anytime, and you'll see Texas plates and a lot of them. And then the RV is not applicable to the Lemon Law as it was bought out of state, but that just proves its not worth anything and most buyers don't want to foot the bill for it regardless. There is no free lunch. Caveat Emptor is the best course of action when buying.

Tntman

Livingston, Texas USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/17 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is the outcome of my case, Fleetwood got their MH back, I got my money back. The attorney was paid by Fleetwood and Ford. The only cost to me was a filing fee of something like thirty-five dollars. I spent eight hours in a deposition which was not fun with two opposing attorneys throwing questions at me. There was no class action, it was me against Fleetwood and Ford. There are rules about repairs after a MM law suit is filed, they cannot attempt repairs.

Beartoo

Perham MN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/24/17 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I now know what company not to by anything from. One day I would like to get a class A DP From. Winnebago was one on my list and there is no way I would buy one now. Good Luck

DH - Bear
DW - Marge
Buster - English Springer Spaniel
Molly - English Springer Spaniel Puppy
07 Silverado 2500HD, Dmax, Allison Trany
Husky 15K
2008 Wildcat 24RL (Old Camper)
2009 Open Range 280 RLS (New)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Customer service lacking
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS