cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unlimited wifi no contract and what happened to mobley?

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
So I'm thinking about my upcoming 5 months snowbirding and figured I'd better get my mobley before I go. What I've found is "out of stock"; $599 and $799 plus very limited data at AT&T.

What the?

Anyway, what's the current wisdom?

I'd also be willing to consider a contract if I can suspend for 7 months of the year for a reasonable price.

PS: I have 4G+LTE built into my Silverado but the Canadian data plan is very expensive (and they won't let me register for the US data plan).
44 REPLIES 44

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
OnStar also has a $20 unlimited plan but it's a contract plan. Also, as I said earlier in this thread, it's not available to Canadians.

yes and total different deal than the obd2 connection that AT+T had offered for 20$ up until about 4 weeks ago

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
OnStar also has a $20 unlimited plan but it's a contract plan. Also, as I said earlier in this thread, it's not available to Canadians.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
As of 10/9/2017 AT&T dropped the $20 Unlimited Plan
I guess you have a factual source for that, all I know is what I read on the Internet...

This site is still advertising it https://myvehicle.att.com/#/ford/learn. It's at the bottom in the same fine print for the USA only unlimited for $20 with an external device.

Hard to know what source to believe ๐Ÿ™‚

Dave

That is for FORD's Sync 3 system and not the Mobley. That plan is sponsored by FORD with AT&T as the carrier. It's a lot different than AT&T's own Mobley plan. If you don't believe me call the Connected Car people NOW and see what they tell you about the AT&T MOBLEY $20 Unlimited stand alone connected car plan.

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
I guess you have a factual source for that, all I know is what I read on the Internet...

This site is still advertising it https://myvehicle.att.com/#/ford/learn. It's at the bottom in the same fine print for the USA only unlimited for $20 with an external device.

Dave

tried yesterday car connect $20 plans NA and when it is u have to buy a $60 cell plan to boot

Right now the best deal is T-Mobile at $60 two lines if your over 55

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
delwhjr wrote:
lryrob9301 wrote:
delwhjr wrote:
lryrob9301 wrote:
delwhjr wrote:
As of right now the Mobley is in stock on att.com with a delivery date of 10/17-10/19

While the Mobley may be available, the $20 Connected Car Unlimited stand alone plan is not available. You now have to tie into another AT&T plan costing many $$$ more.

The connected car plan is still available. Purchase the mobley outright and then call to setup. Ask to be connected to the connected car representative and you can still get the stand alone plan after confirming mobley purchase.

You need to try again, the $20 Unlimited plan is no longer available from AT&T through the Connected Car Program, it is now a $60 plan limited to 6 GB.

I don't have to try again. I called on 10/4 and activated my Mobley with the $20 unlimited plan. It is not on the website and probably the chat people don't know but if you work through their system it is still available. My local ATT company store told me they didn't even know there was such a thing as connected car or Mobley. It must be a product they don't push since it doesn't produce much revenue but it was still there on 10/4 through the connected car center.

As of 10/9/2017 AT&T dropped the $20 Unlimited Plan, so try again NOW!!

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
delwhjr wrote:
lryrob9301 wrote:
delwhjr wrote:
As of right now the Mobley is in stock on att.com with a delivery date of 10/17-10/19

While the Mobley may be available, the $20 Connected Car Unlimited stand alone plan is not available. You now have to tie into another AT&T plan costing many $$$ more.

The connected car plan is still available. Purchase the mobley outright and then call to setup. Ask to be connected to the connected car representative and you can still get the stand alone plan after confirming mobley purchase.

You need to try again, the $20 Unlimited plan is no longer available from AT&T through the Connected Car Program, it is now a $60 plan limited to 6 GB.

I don't have to try again. I called on 10/4 and activated my Mobley with the $20 unlimited plan. It is not on the website and probably the chat people don't know but if you work through their system it is still available. My local ATT company store told me they didn't even know there was such a thing as connected car or Mobley. It must be a product they don't push since it doesn't produce much revenue but it was still there on 10/4 through the connected car center.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
delwhjr wrote:
lryrob9301 wrote:
delwhjr wrote:

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
delwhjr wrote:

2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
delwhjr wrote:

yes what I found out today after about a hour on the chat lines

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
delwhjr wrote:

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unlimited Internet "to the phone" really does me no good. I need internet on my computer and that's not a part of the plan.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
What happened to your provider I don't know but I'm with T-Mobile

New 55+ plan, you must be at least 55 years of age to subscribe

Less than 100/month 2 lines Unlimited internet if delivered to the phone, Unlimited talk and text... 10 Gigs high speed and unlimited throttled for hot spotting.

"Less than 100/month.....etc."

All depends on what you want/need.

Started out with T-mobile many years ago. Would use about 5 minutes
of my allotted minutes per month. For me- - handy when I needed it, but sure didn't use it much!!

So - Have had two Tracfones for years - (for DW & self) each with over 5K minutes on 'em. Purchasing the 1 year (w/roll-over) plans for each equates to just under $9. per month for each.
(Yeah, they both have "rolled-over" a lot).
Never had any connection glitches in the US.

The Mobley is/was an alternate to high cost of internet service at my sticks and bricks - and of course - easy to take along in the RV.

Have a GM vehicle with On-Star. Don't subscribe to any of the features (like internet), as it's tough to get the vehicle inside the house - or close enough to do any good.
(Sirius XM at $5. per month is OK, however).

Different strokes for different folks.....roll on!

~