cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Verizon voice mail

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
"You have.. 7.. new voice messages. First message, left..yesterday..Tuesday.. September 26th... at.. ten..thirty..eight..a..m....from seven...zero...two.. eight...eight.. four.. seven..six..five.. three. Duration, one minute and forty-two seconds. "

Verizon, do you think you could make this process any slower? I wish it worked like it does in the movies.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
41 REPLIES 41

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Confirmed today by Verizon that they are in the process of changing equipment and software to start phasing out 3G-4G systems to the newer 4G_5G systems.
New system has less power then the old.
Expect down grade of reception in fringe areas.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
First, I had Sprint - and when my original flip-phone quit working, I went in to get a "free replacement" ... the guy at the desk said "I've never seen a phone this old."

Second time, when I switched to Verizon, bought a flip-phone, still have it. It takes calls and text - I care nothing about all the other things a phone can do ...

Genie and the kids and grand kids all have those fancy do everything phones, and spend half their time punching buttons instead of actually talking ... Not an effective communication medium anymore, like it once was.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Can't swear if this is true, but I read that a flip phone is more reliable than a smart phone since it works off a single tower, whereas a smart phone uses two towers. Again, don't know if that's true.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
"Your flip phone will be working in fewer and fewer places over the next several years as Verizon and other carriers continue rolling out VoLTE (Voice over LTE) voice service, replacing deprecated CDMA and GSM voice services. "

Well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even Jitterbug has a smart phone now.
Puma 30RKSS

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
mr. ed wrote:
enblethen wrote:
You should be able to go into voice mail *86 and listen and erase voice mails. Should be able to remove by pushing "7" key while listening.
What is wrong with a flip phone?

Thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping to be able to erase the whole lot at one time, as I do with text messages and calls. I may just contact Verizon for help (shoulda done that 1st, but decided to post here instead).
What is wrong with a flip phone? Nothing. Works fine for me and I like the small size. I don't care about all the features of a smart phone. I can send and receive calls as well as any other cell phone.

Your flip phone will be working in fewer and fewer places over the next several years as Verizon and other carriers continue rolling out VoLTE (Voice over LTE) voice service, replacing deprecated CDMA and GSM voice services.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
You should be able to go into voice mail *86 and listen and erase voice mails. Should be able to remove by pushing "7" key while listening.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping to be able to erase the whole lot at one time, as I do with text messages and calls. I may just contact Verizon for help (shoulda done that 1st, but decided to post here instead).
What is wrong with a flip phone? Nothing. Works fine for me and I like the small size. I don't care about all the features of a smart phone. I can send and receive calls as well as any other cell phone.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Flip Phone. Now that's funny!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I still haven't found a way to empty my voice mail saved messages on my LG flip phone (Verizon)

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I spent a half-hour with V tech trying to fix this. Now, when I dial *86 (vm) it just gives a busy signal. That was the best she could do, and never called back to see if it was fixed.

What is it about some 3rd party apps where they can completely disable Verizon's services??

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I think I'll just let it fill up or decommission it. I rarely use vm for anything.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Don't answer the phone and wait for a voice message. Works for us.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Gdlow
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I'll try that.. thanks! Are you both talking about the same thing?

Another thing to try is after the message starts hit 3 ...that will skip to the message.
Gary And Cathy
'05 Dolphin 5342
Honda Element following us :W
Pacnats
GS, FMCA
:C Rallys attended
FMCA Albany, Or.'06
FMCA Redmond, Or.'07
FMCA Quartzite, Az. '10...but not again:R
Good Sams "The Rally" Redmond Or. '11
FMCA Redmond August 2014
FMCA Indio, Ca 2013