cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Northern California Mini-Rally - April 26th to 29th, 2018

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
Original Message Note: To make this thread clearer that the event is a go, I've removed my original message inquiring if people were interested. The first page of posts are related to people expressing the interest. All updates to the event as they stand now are replacing my original message.

Click For Full-Size Image.

Update 1: It looks like there is plenty of interest and I have a location worked out! It's called Jug Handle Creek Farm located on the coast just North of Mendocino. The dates are April 26th to the 29th. This place looks to be amazing given it's location and campsite areas they have available (just 5 minutes from the beach). I'm working on a deal to reserve their entire private"campground" which holds 20 trucks to start with (with possibility of overflow for a few more) for 4 days / 3 nights. Estimated cost right now is $150 per camper (with 2 people). I will continue to post updates at the top of this thread as details become available.

Update 2: I have booked the facility and we have a limited time to get enough signed up to have the campground to ourselves. We were able to come up with a better price of $150 for early bird reservations if you book before 1 January 2018. After 1 January 2018 the price may rise.

Proposed Schedule:
Thursday 7pm - Icebreaker + Margarita Night around Campfire

Friday 8am - Coffee, Juice & Bagels
Friday 9am - Explore Jug Handle Creek Farm and Nature Preserve
Friday 2pm - Beach Time!
Friday 6pm - Taco Bar + Potluck Appitizers
Friday 7pm - Campfire with Smores & Jalapeno Popcorn

Saturday 8am - Pancake Breakfast
Saturday 9am - Hike for those interested
Saturday 2pm - Mod Shop / Seminar Shop / Camper Tours
Saturday 7pm - Campfire + Dessert Potluck

Sunday 8am - Coffee, Juice & Bagels
Sunday 9am - Group Photos
Sunday 12pm - Picnic at the Beach then Farewells

Notable Notes:
1. This is a boon docking rally, full hookups are not available. Plan accordingly.
2. Pets are allowed but must be on a leash (this is a nature center with many wild animals about).
3. Trailer parking will be available though it will likely be near the road.
4. Showers are available at a nearby beach park.

Space is limited so RSVP soon!

Update 3: Payment link is now just a PayPal link instead of my website as it is easier and doesn't require so much information.

To send payment for the event, please use this PayPal link.

Update 4: Current attendee list:
1. Robert and Evelyn A. - Confirmed
2. mike/kellie - Confirmed
3. bigfootford (Mr. + Mrs.) - Confirmed
4. skippro3 (Mr. +Mrs.) - Confirmed
5. R Ramos - Confirmed
6. Stablecamper + 1
7. msiminoff - Confirmed
8. Rick W. +1 - Confirmed
9. Phillip P. +1 - Confirmed
10. Ray W. - Pending

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper
101 REPLIES 101

Ronf789
Explorer
Explorer
I remember at least 2 occasions when they discussed a possible future business organizing rallies and had no objections to it. In fact, if they can turn something that they enjoy doing into a part time business, great. The price for Jug Handle was reasonable and I enjoyed it and will consider joining future events.

Ron

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
Ski Pro 3 wrote:
I'm just going to come out with this;
I was not aware that Robert is running a business and that we were his customers until after we arrived at Jug Handle. Well after. Anyone else given this impression as well? I thought Robert was just another TC RV.net member who was volunteering to organize an informal gathering. It didn't occur to me that he was supplying margaritas on Thursday night, coffee/juice/bagels on Friday/Sunday morning, smores/jalapeno popcorn on Friday evening or that our $150 funded those things. I was lead to believe he was supplying the entree for the dinner Friday night and contributing pancakes for a breakfast but that was all.

I also never knew this site was out there on line and I can find no mention of it in this thread;
https://firelightadventures.com/camping-adventures/19-truck-camper-rally.html
This site includes a link to this forum.

I feel pretty stupid for not realizing the true nature of our relationship with Robert from the beginning and wonder if that is my fault or was deliberate.

Fair question to ask. If by business you mean something that makes a profit or we do full or even part time the answer is no. Yes, we do have a website but that is in the hopes that someday, maybe we could make it into more than just our passion that it is now.

Nothing was intentially hid and the link you referenced was created specifically for this rally and was also the initial link that was posted on this thread and used for taking reservations. About two thirds of everyone that attended actually RSVPd through that link. I later changed it to the PayPal link because some people where having issues with payments processing and it was easier just to use PayPal instead. The emails I sent updating everyone had our website URL in it as well and I sent several emails so it was right there for you to see.

Sorry if you feel mislead but it wasn't intential. The website makes it look like we are much more than what we are but I've been building websites for decades and know how to make it look professional. Someday maybe it will be a real business but right now we are lucky of we cover our actual coats not to mention the time we put in to plan everything.

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
I'm just going to come out with this;
I was not aware that Robert is running a business and that we were his customers until after we arrived at Jug Handle. Well after. Anyone else given this impression as well? I thought Robert was just another TC RV.net member who was volunteering to organize an informal gathering. It didn't occur to me that he was supplying margaritas on Thursday night, coffee/juice/bagels on Friday/Sunday morning, smores/jalapeno popcorn on Friday evening or that our $150 funded those things. I was lead to believe he was supplying the entree for the dinner Friday night and contributing pancakes for a breakfast but that was all.

I also never knew this site was out there on line and I can find no mention of it in this thread;
https://firelightadventures.com/camping-adventures/19-truck-camper-rally.html
This site includes a link to this forum.

I feel pretty stupid for not realizing the true nature of our relationship with Robert from the beginning and wonder if that is my fault or was deliberate.

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
Cost will be about the same I'm thinking as the previous Rally but it depends on the location that we land at and if you guys pay directly for your own reservations or if I handle everything like I did last time. There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Evelyn and I talked about our experience on the way home and we both agreed that it was such a great adventure for us and we met so many great people that we figured, what the heck, let's try it again this year and see what happens. We want to do a Sierra's rally in the hopes that this time we might pickup some more folks that were hesitant to drive all the way to the coast.

At this moment, just looking to see who would be definitely interested if schedule permits and then I'll start thinking about what is next.

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
Ronf789 wrote:
Can't say YES for certain now, give me about another month to decide for certain. Also, any cost estimate?

Cost? You might need to sell your home... I sold mine to do the Jug Handle rally! heeeeyaaa!

I do not think Rob would want to shedule another rally until next year... Or or or?

Jimbo
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

Ronf789
Explorer
Explorer
Can't say YES for certain now, give me about another month to decide for certain. Also, any cost estimate?

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
We had a mini rally a few years back along the Walker (I think) River that flows out of Blue Lakes, with about 8 campers. There was good trout fishing and a couple of folks brought their boats and went trolling up at the lake.

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
adamis wrote:
Looked at this link and I can't figure out which one the group site is. Are you certain there is a group site there?

Not 100% sure but I read the following.

From that link:

Pacific Gas & Electric Company
Campground Reservation Information

Beginning April 2, 2018, at 8:00 AM, group and individual campsites may be reserved for a full week or more (7-day minimum, 14-day maximum) within the campground's reservation season.

Starting April 16, 2018, at 8:00 AM, group and individual campsites may be reserved for partial weeks and weekends (2-day minimum, 14-day maximum) within the campground's reservation season.

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
Looked at this link and I can't figure out which one the group site is. Are you certain there is a group site there?

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
We are in, depending on the date etc....

As a note, look at Blue Lakes Alpine County. PGE group site.

Jim

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
Hey everyone! So the good news is, you all put it in my ear enough about wanting another rally that I already have some ideas for the next one! This one looks spectacular as well! Located in Tahoe National Forest, I'm thinking about the Silver Fork Ranch

Silver Fork Ranch

I've talked to the owner and he said he has space for hundreds of vehicles (did some Jeep Rally's before) and said if we can hoot and hollar as much as we want at night if we book out the whole site. I don't anticipate growing that large but it would be great if we could get 20 to 30 rigs this time.

I'm looking at September 20th to the 23rd.

What I need to know is, how many of you are two hands up, I'm in if I put something together? I'll need to put in a deposit to ensure we have a gauranteed space to work with and it would be very helpful to have folks who are able to put down for the event to help cover the deposit and get the ball rolling. From there, I'd need some help putting the word out.

So, if you guys are up, let me know here and then I'll create a new thread for it if there seem's to be some good momentum.

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, I now have a NEW name;
no longer skipro3, it's Ski Pro 3
Please make a note of it. Especially anyone who thinks I'm Skip Ro 3 Ha!!

Ronf789
Explorer
Explorer
My thanks also to everyone for a great time. Looking forward to our next time.

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks everyone! Glad you all had a great time. I sent the e-mail with links to the pictures last night. If you didn't receive it, send me a PM and I'll send it to you over RV.net.

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper