cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

workcamping question

jkmac408
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering when a husband and wife work for one of the concessionaires at a national forest campground do they both get paid or is it paid as a couple.
Kenneth
4 REPLIES 4

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were paid individually. We each had to keep track of our hours, but they set the maximum number of hours they would pay for us as a couple no matter how many hours you actually put in to keep your campground nice. Ask a lot of questions if you are considering working for a concessionaire.

carl2591
Explorer III
Explorer III
yeah you work you get paid. wife works she gets paid.. no different that working at mc Donald's in a lot of respects.
Carl2591, Raleigh NC
2005 Airstream Classic 31D
2003 Ford F-250 SD, CC, 7.3L modded diesel machine
Every day is a new day with potential to be life changing.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
jkmac408 wrote:
I was wondering when a husband and wife work for one of the concessionaires at a national forest campground do they both get paid or is it paid as a couple.

Reasonable speculation on my part but I would assume that each of you paid individual salaries. Why should the NFS be able to employ 2 people for the price of 1. You might also not be working the same amount of hours each day or week. Call and ask.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
consessionares of nfs camps are separate from, operate on contract from the NFS. I suggest you contact Forest Recreation Mgmt. in Hill City, SD.
They contract with SD, Wy, & Va., maybe more states.