cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorcycle Chalks

CBKZ
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings All! New toy hauler here. Been looking at a variety of motorcycle chalks, and I have a question for everybody. Has anyone, or is anyone using one of the free standing motorcycle calks like the Titan Bulldog, or the Pit Boss chalk. Or is everyone using a chalk that has to be bolted through the floor?

Thanks for your time and input.

Chris
29 REPLIES 29

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Drilled holes that were the correct size for the D-rings, at each end of what I the slot length and then just used a hacksaw, because I didn't have a powered saw that small. Since it was aluminum it cut easily and didn't take very long. Then smoothed it all with a file. Easy peasy. 🙂
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

NorCal_Traveler
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Not a problem. I have an aluminum plate with slots that fit over the floor D-rings. The chocks fit over the studs in the plate, and I use tie downs through the D-rings to help keep the bikes stable. Nothing bolts to the floor and all is easily removable with little effort. I don't use much tie down force for the front of the bikes, and only a little more at the rear. Works very well.

Here's an idea of what it looks like:

I know its an older post but curious what you used to make the slots in the aluminum?

HD_ToyHauling
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Yeah, Biker Bar works well for Harley's but not so good for modern bikes. Chocks tend to be a bit more of a universal fit. But I do like the unit that works off the rear wheel too, but I've not seen any of those in actual use.

What? Doesn't everyone ride Harleys?? Just kidding. Yes, I don't know if they make for bikes other then Harley's so that is a true statement. I was thinking like some of the others to mount my biker bars to a steel plate/frame then clamp to existing D rings so I don't have to drill any floor holes. I also thought of making a 3/4 or 5/8 plywood drop on floor that would fit over Existing D rings and then be clamped down tight. Other items could be bolted to the plywood. The ideas are endless just so long as your bike doesn't end up on it's side!

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, Biker Bar works well for Harley's but not so good for modern bikes. Chocks tend to be a bit more of a universal fit. But I do like the unit that works off the rear wheel too, but I've not seen any of those in actual use.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

HD_ToyHauling
Explorer
Explorer
I've used wheel chocks, straps with blocks under frame and finally the Biker Bar! Biker bar is best by far! Have hauled Two Harley's from Canada to Arizona 3 times and they don't move a 1/4 of an inch. No straps. No hassle. No mistakes. Hopefully I can figure out a way to fit in whatever new toy hauler we buy!

Doss
Explorer
Explorer
I got a Harbor Freight one.
I simply took 2 2x6s and screwed them to 2 2x4s to sort of make an H. The 2x4s helped keep it from wanting to roll with the front wheel when unloading.
The whole construction took 10 minutes and when properly strapped, it never moved
2022 Cruiser RV MPG 3400BH
2022 Chevrolet 2500 HD 4x4

slapshot12
Explorer
Explorer
I'm using a standard front wheel chock with straps. When the new Momentum gets here, I'm switching to a Biker Bar.
'18 Momentum 349M
'17 F-350 SRW Lariat CCSB 6.7 FX4

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the chock I have... It is unnecessary to bolt it down, you could if you were so inclined though. It's going nowhere.
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
When I'm hauling my Harleys in the garage I would never think of it sitting there on a chock that's not attached somehow to the floor in addition to the 4 straps tying it down also. Some are more brave than I but if its their camper and their bikes, guess they can do as they like. I use the Condor bike chocks.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
I don't bolt my chock and it has never moved an inch. Bars are strapped and so is the rear wheel.
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
atwowheelguy wrote:
I went with Beast Racks and just hooked it into the existing floor rings. It works well in my toy hauler and in my pickup truck.

Looks like that works good with smaller bikes but with the larger touring bikes I like the idea of being able to ride it in and get off the bike while its locked in the upright position so I can tie them down. That's why I use the Condors.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Scott_PDX
Explorer
Explorer
Looks similar to the "Bolt it On" rack I have in my Toy Hauler. It's a nother one worth looking up.
2001 F-350 Crew Cab: Air Rides, Bilsteins, MBRP
2017 Genesis Supreme 19ss Toy Hauler
Bunch of Motorcycles

atwowheelguy
Explorer
Explorer
I went with Beast Racks and just hooked it into the existing floor rings. It works well in my toy hauler and in my pickup truck.

2013 F150 XLT SCrew 5.5' 3.5 EB, 3.55, 2WD, 1607# Payload, EAZ Lift WDH
Toy Hauler: 2010 Fun Finder XT-245, 5025# new, 6640-7180# loaded, 900# TW, Voyager wireless rear view camera
Toys: '66 Super Hawk, XR400R, SV650, XR650R, DL650 V-Strom, 525EXC, 500EXC

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
Condor. When it's removed only a small bracket is left. I was at a rally recently two toy haulers one guy had bike tied to Harbor freight free standing chock but not the D rings in the floor his bike fell over and the handle bar was sticking out of the outside wall. Second guy was using a 4x4 with locked steering and tie downs in floor bike fell over and damaged front fender.. Could have been worse.

Go Condor and bolt bracket to the floor..
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.