cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DISH Locals No Information

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Every time I switch locals we lose all our guide info for at least 3 days. Only on the locals. I have called DISH CS several times but they are no help. The lack of guide info will not let Prime Time record.
It is a Hopper 3. Tried rehit,shut down for 1 hour etc. Only thing that seems to work is doing a reset but that loses all your settings and favorite channel lists.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
13 REPLIES 13

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
We fulltime and have Hopper 3. When we change a service address our guide is good within 5 minutes.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

Cougarnewbie
Explorer
Explorer
Every time we move I call Dish and tell them to change my service address. Because English is not necessarily their first language I almost have a script. I tell them " I am travelling in my RV with my tailgater and need to change my service address to get local channels." Give them the address of the RV park. (they really only need zip code) Within 15 minutes I have local channel with complete guide. Sometimes time zone can be an issue with the guide but usually it is a seamless process.
May All Your On Ramps be Downhill

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully this solution will help someone in the future.

Turn off all Joeys with their Power button on the remote, stop all recordings and turn off the Hopper with the Power button on it's remote. Leave the TV on. You will see a screen something like press any button to turn Hopper on.
After a while the screen will change and you will see a screen showing guide downloading and a %. It only stays on for a short time and alternates with the turn on screen. After about 25 minutes it will get to 100%.
Then it is good to go.

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
az99 wrote:
I have no information after 1/2 hour. I believe DISH has screwed up their latest software. I never had this problem until recently.
I had to do the Restore to Factory settings to get the guide to update. I now have the guide data.

Have you tried the instructions on the Dish "Troubleshooting" page for the no EPG info problem?

"No Guide Information"
Thanx but that was tried also. It is only the locals that get No Information. Cllaed DISH CS again got to Level 2 tech support. They were stumped also. Said it may be a software issue. Had to do restore function which takes 1/2 hr. Then they come right on.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
az99 wrote:
I have no information after 1/2 hour. I believe DISH has screwed up their latest software. I never had this problem until recently.
I had to do the Restore to Factory settings to get the guide to update. I now have the guide data.

Have you tried the instructions on the Dish "Troubleshooting" page for the no EPG info problem?

"No Guide Information"
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

az99
Explorer
Explorer
bob_nestor wrote:
Have you tried going into the guide and scrolling right to something that's 3 or 4 hours into the future? On my Dish receiver when I don't have program guide info doing this always brings up a pop-up that says something like "the guide needs to be downloaded" and gives me a chance to do that.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you tried going into the guide and scrolling right to something that's 3 or 4 hours into the future? On my Dish receiver when I don't have program guide info doing this always brings up a pop-up that says something like "the guide needs to be downloaded" and gives me a chance to do that.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
i just got rid of my dish bought a 20.00 ant from walmart i get 29 channels and i use hulu for 7.00 watch all month dont even use a gb on my phone plan that i tether to

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
You could use the TV Guide app to tide you over until itโ€™s working again. It can be set for local OTA channels as well as Dish channels.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Reboot and reset does not work on the Hopper3.

Thanx for all the suggestions for cancelling DISH but you would have to convince my wife of that. ๐Ÿ™‚ And most of the areas we go have no or minimal OTA reception.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
az99 wrote:
Every time I switch locals we lose all our guide info for at least 3 days. Only on the locals. I have called DISH CS several times but they are no help. The lack of guide info will not let Prime Time record.
It is a Hopper 3. Tried rehit,shut down for 1 hour etc. Only thing that seems to work is doing a reset but that loses all your settings and favorite channel lists.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

we have a different receiver...a vip 422k but we also have to reload the guide after changing locals. i could simply wait for DISH to do that but that could take hours so i just reboot the receiver by pulling the card, pressing the reset button or simply pulling the power cord for 15-seconds.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
DutchmenSport wrote:
Not the suggestion you may want to hear, but here goes anyway!...

Cancel DishTV and go back to your antenna "over the air" which is FREE! You're paying too much money for something that is nothing but constantly frustrating! Not to mention, the same old "stuff" over and over and over again. Why pay for all those stinking commercials when you can get them free "over the air"???? :S

X2
Anyways you are out camping, why are you inside watching TV, get out and enjoy nature before there is nothing left.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Not the suggestion you may want to hear, but here goes anyway!...

Cancel DishTV and go back to your antenna "over the air" which is FREE! You're paying too much money for something that is nothing but constantly frustrating! Not to mention, the same old "stuff" over and over and over again. Why pay for all those stinking commercials when you can get them free "over the air"???? :S