cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

southwest Florida winter 2018

KathyG144
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any campgrounds in Southwest Florida on or near the Gulf that will rent a spot for 3-4 weeks in February or March 2018? All I find are a minimum of 3-6 months. Cant be gone that long

Thanks for any suggestions.
3 REPLIES 3

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Kathy is speaking of "Southwest Florida," say from Tampa down to maybe Fort Myers.

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
As Becky says: wait till the season begins. In the last five years at our park something always happens and sites become available. You are talking about a SENIOR population mostly. The coasts are definitely harder to find spots than in Central Florida but still I think you will find something: maybe not the best site but something. Good Luck
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found last year that as the season began without being full the CGs became more flexible. I would think that capacity may be reduced this winter because of the storms.
Not as warm, but the western FL state parks had availability last winter. There are several between Panama City and Pensacola.
Puma 30RKSS