cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best wax or polish...

AstroRig57
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for recommendations on the best wax to use, with an orbital polisher, on our 2005 Winnebago after a good washing. I've searched the forum using the terms "polish" and "wax" and really can't find a good answer.

Is there a particular automotive wax that would be best on the RV walls or is GelGloss better for the purpose?

Please, can we stay on topic? Due to some custom graphics we have on the rig (galaxies and nebulae), and uncertainty as to how they would respond to sealers, I have no interest in products like PoliGlow, Zep and other sealers and coatings. I just want to hear suggestions about conventional waxes and polishes.

Thanks !!
2005 Winnebago Sightseer WFD30B "rigged for night" with red LED lighting for night adapted vision.

Do you remember when the sky was dark, and the stars were bright?
The International Dark-Sky Association
American by birth...Scottish by the Grace Of God.
14 REPLIES 14

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
I used to use NuFinish on the rv, but it took hours. A few years ago, a friend who shows hot rods recommended Lucas Slick Mist and I now use that every time I wash the rv and car. Just spray on when wet and dry for a great mirror shine. Instead of using a ladder for the parts I cannot reach, I use a towel on a Swiffer pole and just spray that with Slick Mist. It is available at Walmart for about $7.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

trutone
Explorer
Explorer
https://washwax.com/home.php

Been using "WashWax All". I haven't actually used wax on our coach for at least 3 years now. Coach is super shiney, slick as glass, and the water beads alot. I get it at Amazon.

AstroRig57
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses folks. I've got some place to start now.
2005 Winnebago Sightseer WFD30B "rigged for night" with red LED lighting for night adapted vision.

AstroRig57
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Custom graphics? Paint or vinyl. If it's paint, it really doesn't matter that it's custom, only that it's paint. Whatever you have had painted should also have been clear coated so you just have the same painted surface any other painted coach has.
So, if that's the case, the question would be what wax / polish is best for a clear coat paint job.

No paint. These are vinyl images, actual enlarged prints of real images of galaxies and nebulae on air release laminated vinyl.

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
Liquid Glass
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
AstroRig57 wrote:
I'm looking for recommendations on the best wax to use, with an orbital polisher, on our 2005 Winnebago after a good washing. I've searched the forum using the terms "polish" and "wax" and really can't find a good answer.

Is there a particular automotive wax that would be best on the RV walls or is GelGloss better for the purpose?

Please, can we stay on topic? Due to some custom graphics we have on the rig (galaxies and nebulae), and uncertainty as to how they would respond to sealers, I have no interest in products like PoliGlow, Zep and other sealers and coatings. I just want to hear suggestions about conventional waxes and polishes.

Thanks !!

Have used them all - and my Go To is still NuFinish, but use MeGuiar's when I need a quick tune up the waxes will give a better short term sparkle but 12 months from now NuFinish is still working and McGuire wax has long since faded.

Some of the newer Polymers are crazy good, just not sure anything will still be bright in 12 months like NuFinish.

So for the cars I continue to try new products, but need to redo every couple of months, for the Bus - Nufinish has yet to find it's equal, and I have tried them all.

Best of Luck,

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
MarkTwain wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
Most of us waxers seem to like NuFinish, Colinite fleetwax, or McGuires in the blue bottle. Personally I have been using Colinite for a while and really like it. Easy on/off good shine and seems to be long lasting.

McGuires Marine Wax is the very best!!!!

X2

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a gallon of Shurhold YBP-0203 Pro Polish Wax on Amazon for about $85. I love using it as it doesn't powder up when removing it. It goes on easy and comes off easy.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
Liquid Glass.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
old40ford wrote:
MarkTwain wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
Most of us waxers seem to like NuFinish, Colinite fleetwax, or McGuires in the blue bottle. Personally I have been using Colinite for a while and really like it. Easy on/off good shine and seems to be long lasting.

X2, you can't go wrong with Mequiars product's

X3. We use McGuires Marine wax also.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

old40ford
Explorer
Explorer
MarkTwain wrote:
donn0128 wrote:

X2, you can't go wrong with Mequiars product's
Just the wife and me
2013 F-150 CC, King Ranch 4wd
2017 Puma 255RKS
1926 Model T fordor, cold weather car

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Custom graphics? Paint or vinyl. If it's paint, it really doesn't matter that it's custom, only that it's paint. Whatever you have had painted should also have been clear coated so you just have the same painted surface any other painted coach has.
So, if that's the case, the question would be what wax / polish is best for a clear coat paint job.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer