cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Fuzion 371 pin box

davesparks2001
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys! This past Friday we brought home our "new to us" Fuzion FZ371. I'll be towing with a 2015 Silverado 3500 Crew Cab Long Bed 4x4 dually, but, I don't have a 5th wheel hitch yet so I borrowed my brother's 02 Chevy dually to pick the camper up. Driving home we experienced some chugging at overpasses and are hoping this will be our last camper so I'm looking for recommendations for an air-ride or cushioning pin box. Any better than the rest for this unit?
9 REPLIES 9

davesparks2001
Explorer
Explorer
Unless something changes my mind in the next few hours, I'm going this afternoon to order the Andersen Ultimate 5th wheel hitch. The camper already has a MORryde CRE 3000 under it so I will do some towing with the Andersen before consider a pin box upgrade. Other than the overpasses, my brothers 02 Chevy dually with a fairly sloppy old Reese fifth wheel hitch towed it just fine so maybe our 2015 Silverado 3500 dually won't need any additional help.

davesparks2001
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies! I'm leaning toward an Andersen Ultimate hitch and, as cautioned, make sure it's set to carry the camper level. I will also heed the advice to take the camper for a little drive before investing in a cushioned pin box. If it needs it I'm leaning toward a MORryde as I've had a Fifth Airborne before and don't love the idea of having to air up the hitch for a trip. I'll verify my suspension too. Thanks again for the input and if the topic hasn't fallen off the current posts by the time I'm done I'll post the outcome.

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
Spend the effort to get your towing set-up so the trailer frame is level (parallel to ground) and you have 6" or more trailer nose to truck bed clearance. This will set a baseline where the trailer suspension is working properly. Try towing -then decide if a cushioned pin box is needed.

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
First congrats on the new RV, secondly I would try the rv with your truck as it is 13 years newer and should do better.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I have the roto-flex pin box on my Raptor that came factory... seems to help a lot but I still get a little bit of chucking, thinking I might upgrade to an air ride or maybe the Mor-ryde system to go with my B&W hitch.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
The B&W is just fine, you need the part that bolts onto the pin box.
My buddy ran the B&W with the Trailair Air Ride and it was awesome.
Took all of the chucking out.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

davesparks2001
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys! The camper already has the equal-flex (I think) suspension. I was just researching 5th wheel hitches to easily go with my turn-over ball gooseneck and was prompted to look at the Blue Ox Super Ride hitch. It claims to have rubber springs in it to eliminate chucking. Thinking maybe I should spend the extra $400 to get one of those instead of the B&W as I had intended and try towing with that before ordering a pin box. I was already considering a MorRide thinking maybe I wouldn't have to leave off the decorative shroud that hides the factory pin box. Any thoughts?

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congrats on the new rig, so while you are replacing all the suspension parts with the Dexter EZ Flex system, upgrade your pin box with the MORyde Rubber Pin Box. With these 2 upgrades, you should totally eliminate the chucking the trailer will ride much better over almost any road conditions.
USN EN2
2012 Ford F250 SC, 6.7L TD
2015 Voltage 3200
2004 Honda GL1800 Reverse Trike

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I take it you're referring to "chucking", not "chugging". I installed the Dexter EZ Flex system and it did wonders to get rid of that annoying movement when hitting bridge and overpass joints. Install the wet bolt kit at the same time and fix the whole suspension before it fails.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"