cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Two Dish Tailgater quest

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used a coax cable longer than 50' with their Dish Tailgater or is 50' the limit?

Also, if you have upgraded from an original Dish Tailgater to the newer version do you feel like the reception is better or that there are any other advantages? I know the newer model is supposed to have a connection for two tuners but I'm not interested in that.

Thank you
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss
5 REPLIES 5

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
My title should have read two Dish Tailgater questions. One question pertained to the cable length which has been adequately answered. The other question was any advantages to the new Tailgater vs the original Tailgater.

Sorry for the unclear title.
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The topic is "two Dish Tailgater quest" but that doesn't appear anywhere in your question. Could you clarify?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Cougarnewbie
Explorer
Explorer
I have run up to 150 ft using connectors every 50 ft. I was told that for sat signal only use RG6. Not RG59. And the connectors should have blue inside. Something to do with megahertz or gigahertz or something. But it seemed to work without deteriorating the signal.
May All Your On Ramps be Downhill

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
I've used 100' with no issues. I have RG6 cable. I've been told it's better than RG59. I have no clue if it makes a difference though.
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5โ€box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
I've used 150 feet with no problem.

Don't know about the new Tailgater - got mine in 2011.