cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New camper

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Today found out that the finished build date for the host Cascade is November 20. Looks like a road trip from Mississippi to Oregon is in the near future. Can't wait! Eddie
25 REPLIES 25

Qwkdraw21
Explorer
Explorer
new to this forum, upgrading from an AF 996 to the Cascade. been reading all of the posts on both the Mammoth and the Cascade. Just ordered ours going to
production second week in January, very excited to get it should be ready middle of February. we are looking where to place our satellite receiver but
don't see a place for it unless we modify between the stereo and the fireplace.
Has anyone found a place to install it?
2018 Host Cascade
2017 Ford F350 DRW Lariat 4x4
2008 Ranger Z21
2008 Express H18

cartmancartman
Explorer
Explorer
Fish mojo wrote:
The "simulated fireplace heater combo", is this all electric or gas/ forced air? Anyone know the wattage on it? Is it only when connected to shore power or can you boondock with this as a heat source? Ideally it would be propane similar to a cat heater.

Never mind, found it on the Host site:
120V simulated fireplace w/ 5120 BTU heater (Mammoth - Cascade Only)

5120 BTU= 1500 watts.

It still would be cool to have a factory installed cat heater/ fireplace.....

The fireplace is all electric, you need to run it off the generator or shore power.

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Check on Glacier park on line. Much of it is on fire. I didn't know they were burning like California.

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
We never been to the northwest. Can you go to Glacier Natioal Patk in November or is it closed for the winter. Thinking of going there when we go get the Cascade.

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the comments on the escape hatch. We called and changed to the up graded one. 5 weeks to go.

yblaw
Explorer
Explorer
We had the upgraded escape hatch in our 2015 Mammoth. It was manually operated, and was a welcome addition to the cabover area. We special ordered a better escape hatch for our 2017 Mammoth that also is made by Dometic, but is remote-control operated. It is much heavier duty than the manual model and is about three times as expensive, but we're very glad Randall agreed to use it in our build. I'm not sure if Host has the remote-control one on their website, but it's worth checking out. Either manual or remote escape hatch is worth the added cost in our opinion.

yblaw
Explorer
Explorer
Fireplace heater works great! Takes the chill off in the living area. If we're in an RV park we almost never need to use the propane furnace.

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
The "simulated fireplace heater combo", is this all electric or gas/ forced air? Anyone know the wattage on it? Is it only when connected to shore power or can you boondock with this as a heat source? Ideally it would be propane similar to a cat heater.

Never mind, found it on the Host site:
120V simulated fireplace w/ 5120 BTU heater (Mammoth - Cascade Only)

5120 BTU= 1500 watts.

It still would be cool to have a factory installed cat heater/ fireplace.....

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
That is an interesting window in the bathroom. Hope it is one-way glass (facing the right direction...).

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered the upgraded escape hatch. It has a lot of features that we really like. I would not be without it.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

DSSAMP
Explorer
Explorer
I'm surprised you have a SRW for that camper at around 5000lbs. But then again you ran a 992 on the same truck so hopefully you will be happy with the combination..the 19.5 wheels will help greatly with that load. Please send pics of your setup when you get it. We're all excited for you...

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
The Cascade is the new unit I am very interested in. Really like the layout. Post pics please.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
You should be ok with the weather, but know that it is already snowing in the mountains here in Oregon. Be prepared!!

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
Took that trip from Louisiana to Oregon this pass June. Great trip
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport