cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sporttrek Toy Hauler

SportTreker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, seriously considering a Venture RV ST190VTH toy hauler for my Ultra Classic adventures, anyone have any experience with Sporttrek or Venture RV? Looking closely this unit seems to offer a good bang for the buck, I like the layout. Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

azgirl
Explorer
Explorer
Not ready to buy yet, but have been doing a lot of research on small toy haulers. I was curious with the 19 footer, what is the distance between the counter and the ramp door? I am considering getting a toy hauler so that I can keep 2-3 bicycles inside with me (road, cyclocross and mountain) and travel, work and go to school when I retire from the military, or, return from another deployment.
I am also wondering if I would be able to mount a Thule fork mount on the bulkhead to have bike vertical, instead of taking up a lot of floor space. I liked this company because of the solar prep and it having an oven. So many other companies don't have an oven, so this one would make it feel a bit more homey. Thanks!

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
SportTreker wrote:
Ride Slow, that's good info and I like your rig! We knew that the cargo space is tight, and we won't have all that much moving around space. The issue for us is a TV with a GVWR of 8300#. Time to upgrade the TV?!

Thanks everyone for your input.

Thanks, I already had the truck, purchased in 2007 to haul a Jayco 32BHS Quad Bunk TT. Now we are down to one grandkid traveling with us so the TH works well. Most of our camping is without the M/C, but hope to change that in the coming year.
2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 6.7 CTD 3500 SRW
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

SportTreker
Explorer
Explorer
Ride Slow, that's good info and I like your rig! We knew that the cargo space is tight, and we won't have all that much moving around space. The issue for us is a TV with a GVWR of 8300#. Time to upgrade the TV?!

Thanks everyone for your input.

Swell1
Explorer
Explorer
SportTreker, There's a bump in the roof about a foot from where the front cap meets the roof. The dealers shop foreman said he could feel something under the cap that's about 4 inches long. They're not sure what it could be but said the front cap would need to be removed and replaced to fix it.
2017 SportTrek 271 VRB
2016 F150 Eco boost with max tow package

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
SportTreker wrote:
Hi all, seriously considering a Venture RV ST190VTH toy hauler for my Ultra Classic adventures, anyone have any experience with Sporttrek or Venture RV? Looking closely this unit seems to offer a good bang for the buck, I like the layout. Thanks!

Just looking at the specs for that trailer, might be a bit small for hauling an Ultra Classic. The UVW is usually without any fluids, propane, batteries or sundries. If the GVWR is 7000lbs, you will have little actual leeway to the max. My 04 Ultra is close to 900 lbs with all the stuff I usually carry. The other thing to consider is how much you can do in the trailer with the bike on board. We can cook, eat and sleep in mine, with the bike inside. Is tight, but doable. When we arrive at our destination, I take it out as soon as possible.

2018 Venture RV SportTrek ST190VTH Travel Trailer Toy Hauler Floorplan
UVW (Unloaded Vehicle Weight)* 4,450

NCC (Net Carrying Capacity) 2,550

GVWR 7,000

Interior Height 78"
Exterior Height with A/C 10' 9"
Exterior Width 96"
Exterior Length 23' 10"
2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 6.7 CTD 3500 SRW
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

SportTreker
Explorer
Explorer
Swell1, where is the protrusion and what do you think it might be?

Swell1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a SportTrek. I have an issue going on with it as we speak. The front cap has a crack. It looks like something is pushing thru from the bottom side. Took it back to the dealer and they said it looks like a mfg defect and are currently fixing it under warranty. So far I have no complaints as they are standing behind there product.
2017 SportTrek 271 VRB
2016 F150 Eco boost with max tow package

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
looks to me like the table obviously is removable but IIRC the last time I looked at "roll overs" the couch base/seats stayed down and the back swung over to make a wider bed. don't know how that would work with hauling toys.
I gave up trying to find construction materials.
bumpy

dedmiston
I just looked up that model here. Too bad they don't have any photos.

I don't know anything about that brand, but my general impression is that they only seemed to have two toy hauler models. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but use a critical eye when you look at them, because there might be some details where they got it wrong because of inexperience. My brand builds great trailers, but they don't know anything about toy haulers. The anchor d-rings in the garage are totally misconfigured. All the other fit & finish items are good, but they clearly never loaded any toys in a garage.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

east2surf
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2016 KZ Sport Trek 327VIK. While not a TH, I can at least speak about Ventures quality. It was a great value trailer, but has all the typical issues you will get with any trailer made today. Expect some minor quality issues, but decent customer service. We enjoyed our trailer, but it was our first and didn't really know what we needed to know, so we have since gotten another trailer.
2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW
2018 Heartland Road Warrior 425