cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work shop in teh garage

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like our RV needs are changing. Looking at the toy hauler garage are. How hard would it be to bolt a work bench, desk and recliner to the floor of a toy hauler? Think a man cave. It would also need a TV hookup. Basically some place for the dog and I to escape to.
I would need a place to teach the grand kids how to do stuff their parents have no clue about.
3 REPLIES 3

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
I donot think i will have many power tools. Probably just a grinder and a drill press. A friend of mine is into wood working and his oldest son is taking high school shop. I was surprised at how little hand tools are being taught theses days. His kid had no idea how to use a plane, a router he had learned how to use though. The way my oldest grand son is going I have a feeling small engines and small engine repair will be what interests him. I have a small coal forge and anvil if he shows some interest then some blacksmith work will be added. I am not sue how the coal smell and smoke would be welcomed in a campground. Let alone the music of an anvil.

Y-Guy
Wow it's been 12 year since I saw a guy with a decked out wood shop in his toy hauler. They were full timers and he made yard art and signs. He did bolt everything through the floor. I recall he dropped the gas tank and water tank to get at everything. He used some large plates under the floor to bolt through. One item he had was mounted to a plate inside the garage then two bolts through that into a plate under.

He also added 2" of solid foam insulation on the walls so he didn't annoy the neighbors while camping. None the less the campground we were at wouldn't allow him to use it due to the noise, but he told me he'd learned to ask first and hopefully not be camped near anyone. He made some really cool stuff as a way to supplement his retirement income, but I think mostly to give him something to do.

Wish I'd kept the photos I had of his setup.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
It's easy enough to do except for the gas tanks that are in way.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE