cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exterior Trimark RV Lock failure

snoopeme
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Leisure Unity and the exterior lock failed recently? It is the regular latch not the deadbolt which doesn't fully retract and keeps the door from opening. It has a Trimark #060-1650 lock on it which is available at Camping World for about a hundred bucks. A little Internet searching reveals many complaints about the Trimark locks, and I'm thinking that they did a re-design with this model being the latest version. From what I can tell I think I may have the latest version, but this rig is only 3 years old and I only use it a couple of months a year..so why would it fail already? I did open up the lock and found a small, white plastic piece which seemed to be the problem as it sometimes keeps the throw bolt from working properly. Does anyone have any experiences with this problem, with the Trimark replacement locks from Camping World, and from their so called re-design? Is this new re-design any better? Thanks for any guidance you can provide! Also, is anyone aware of any other brand of replacement lock that would fit without any modifications? I've emailed LTV recently about the problem and am waiting to hear back from them. Any comments on your own experiences would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

outofplace
Explorer
Explorer
our 2016 Outlaw trimark door handle broke this summer luckily we had the back opened up and could get in off the deck . Poor design for sure got another one so we will see what happens
Paul
2016 Outlaw 38RE

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had that same issue with the Snap Bolt on the Tri-mark... They use very cheap metal and the high stress point is the weakest point on the dead bolt so it breaks and won't retract at all...

or the screw in the pivot comes loose and the arm that retracts it comes loose

Either way.. If the screw loose and you can get it apart.. you are good.

If the bolt.. Then using a curved rod you may be able to depress the plunger and release it.. I did it once, had to have a pro do it the 2nd time

1st time I put in a new lock
2nd Time I had a metal smith carve me a new bolt out of genuine Steel

Has yet to break,, but it has only been in there for about a year .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
I've had great luck dealing with H.E. Mitchell when looking for anything to do with MOHO locks:

Motorhome Locks

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replace ours some six years ago. Also Trimark. Mine was worn out inside and I just call them and they sent me a new one that was not very much. I have since found different one on the Web that were a little less.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Try locks and more dot com. I replaces my trimark after it desinagrated. lucky had a window open and could gain access to the trailer I could lock the deadbolt from inside and lock it as well we were in a safe place so no problem waiting for a delivery for new lock.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
After 13 years my deadbolt Got stuck in the locked position, I was outside. I drilled out the old lock unit and bought a new one on line, not from Camping World. Don't remember the cost but it was an easy removal and install. I called Trimark for the drill sites.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox