cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleetwood Discovery 2018 44H new tag axle

et2
Explorer
Explorer
I just saw this the other day. I was at General RV yesterday ( service work) and confirmed with my salesman. New Discovery model LXE- 44H. New tag ( for Discovery model) and bigger 450 hspwr engine. Seems reasonably priced for a tag entry.

http://www.generalrv.com/product/new-2018-fleetwood-rv-discovery-lxe-44h-747276-10#photos
8 REPLIES 8

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
Chainwright wrote:
CWSWine wrote:
I’m not sure where you seeing a Discovery 44H without a tag axle. If you look at. Fleetwood site and look at specs it says the 44h has a 10,000 pound tag axle...

I went to the web site and even did the "Build your own." I selected 44h and it even showed me a picture of the model ordered and at the end of my order it showed me a Picture of what I had ordered again. No tag axle. I guess they are misleading. I was very surprised myself. I believe you when you say there is a Tag axle, because without it it makes no sense. But since class A's over 40ft are not my thing, I can only report what my research yielded.

CWSWine is correct. If you look close enough you'll find the 44H does have a 10,000# tag axle. It's in the data sheet. The pictures are generic.
The link you posted will take you to the PDF with the correct information.
Scroll down, last page

Richard

Thanks I had found it.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Chainwright wrote:
CWSWine wrote:
I’m not sure where you seeing a Discovery 44H without a tag axle. If you look at. Fleetwood site and look at specs it says the 44h has a 10,000 pound tag axle...

I went to the web site and even did the "Build your own." I selected 44h and it even showed me a picture of the model ordered and at the end of my order it showed me a Picture of what I had ordered again. No tag axle. I guess they are misleading. I was very surprised myself. I believe you when you say there is a Tag axle, because without it it makes no sense. But since class A's over 40ft are not my thing, I can only report what my research yielded.

CWSWine is correct. If you look close enough you'll find the 44H does have a 10,000# tag axle. It's in the data sheet. The pictures are generic.
The link you posted will take you to the PDF with the correct information.
Scroll down, last page

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
CWSWine wrote:

CWSWine
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Discovery XLE 40 D DP
Sold Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R
Sold 2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Diesel 3722 CC
5er 13,600 - 3100 pin - Truck Weight 11380 Truck GVWR 11,500
Only 180 lbs below my trucks MAX GVWR

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
Chainwright wrote:
et2 wrote:
I just saw this the other day. I was at General RV yesterday ( service work) and confirmed with my salesman. New Discovery model LXE- 44H. New tag ( for Discovery model) and bigger 450 hspwr engine. Seems reasonably priced for a tag entry.

http://www.generalrv.com/product/new-2018-fleetwood-rv-discovery-lxe-44h-747276-10#photos

Hmm, the discovery LXE 44H w/out a tag axle comes with a Cummins 450 hp. too, just FYI, so nothing new there. Also the the Holiday rambler Endeavor and the Fleetwood Discovery LXE both have the 44H design, but the HR is $8K less. So since Fleetwood and HR and Monaco (throw in American Coach too) are owned by the same Big guy, It was a matter of time before they put the 44H on a XCM chassis with a tag wheel, I bet the chassis is the same as the Monaco - A Roadmaster (a modified Frightliner XCM chassis).

LXE 44H with out a tag? I have never seen a 44' MH with out a tag axle. Could you document that for us please. Provide a link.

Richard

The last time the Discovery had a Tag wheel was in 2012. Since then it's been without. But yeah, the discovery LXE now is 44Ft and no tagwheel, but from what I hear they are bringing it back. But from 2013 to 2018 it was made with out a Tag wheel. (unless you special order it, I guess). The Holiday rambler has the same 44 foot 44H plan (the Endeavor). $8k less than the fleetwood.
Just go to Fleetwood. com.

http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/2018-fleetwood-discovery-lxe

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Chainwright wrote:
et2 wrote:

Hmm, the discovery LXE 44H w/out a tag axle comes with a Cummins 450 hp. too, just FYI, so nothing new there. Also the the Holiday rambler Endeavor and the Fleetwood Discovery LXE both have the 44H design, but the HR is $8K less. So since Fleetwood and HR and Monaco (throw in American Coach too) are owned by the same Big guy, It was a matter of time before they put the 44H on a XCM chassis with a tag wheel, I bet the chassis is the same as the Monaco - A Roadmaster (a modified Frightliner XCM chassis).

LXE 44H with out a tag? I have never seen a 44' MH with out a tag axle. Could you document that for us please. Provide a link.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:

looks good all the bells and whistle's too; 4 tv,fireplace, dish washer, stacking washer+dryer etc well priced compared to newmar and tiffin for sure
I don't like the 100 gallon fuel tank that's a mistake on fleetwoods part