Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Forum Technical Support: Picture posting problems
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Technical Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Technical Support

> Picture posting problems

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/15/17 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see so many folks having so many problems trying to post pictures in their posts, it really makes me wonder if I am missing something and wondering what I am doing wrong. I always use the picture posting app that is explained in the sticky for this forum, and it works every time, without having to upload anything to a third party site. Just select the picture on my computer, and then copy and paste the link it gives me. Works every time! Am I doing something wrong, and just don't know how difficult it should be??

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 wife, 1 dog(?)

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/17 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's not funny,....PhotoBucket is holding my photos hostage.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/15/17 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you have copies on you local computer?? or is everything out in the Photobucket cloud?? Can you download back to you local system from PB?

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 wife, 1 dog(?)

Washington, DC

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/17 08:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johno02 wrote:

I always use the picture posting app that is explained in the sticky for this forum, and it works every time, without having to upload anything to a third party site.

Just for clarity, the webapp uploads to imgur.com photo hosting site without having to go through their homepage. It uses IMGUR developer API, allowing direct access to their hosting servers.

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/17 05:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johno02 wrote:

Do you have copies on you local computer?? or is everything out in the Photobucket cloud?? Can you download back to you local system from PB?

The main problem is that I don't know enough about computers to solve my photo-related problems, and it has cost me a lot of enjoyment. The photos I need to access number over 900 and they are all "stuck" in photobucket, and all in one album and all in slide show mode. It used to be so easy to single any of them out, and insert into a post (in on of several forums, RV.net and fishing and flying and e-mail). But, now photobucket will only allow me to use all of them at once, or nothing.
I'm at the end of my rope, and it looks like I need to go meet with a computor tech who did my last computor work (in San Antonio). On the phone, he told me that he could probably do something.
People here have tried to help me, but the problem is that I'm not computor savy. Thanks

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/17 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Imgur is a breath of fresh air after using the spam filled, slow responding PB (who BTW, lost all of my pics and just said "Sorry, it happens sometimes..).

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2018 Silver Fox 32A - many mods to come!
H0NDA eu2000i

Harvey51

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/17 10:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hats off to 1492 for creating the great page to provide automatic resizing, storage and linking to Imgur.

Photobucket is a big disappointment. I never trusted it for any picture not backed up on my devices.

2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

GPG52!

BURLINGTON, ON

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/17 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

C:\Users\Guy\Pictures\01AARV's\2014-07-12

GPG ">
2014 Ford F250, 6.2L, 4.30 Ratio, 6 speed
2014 Cougar (by Keystone) 327 RES

Washington, DC

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/17 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GPG52! wrote:

C:\Users\Guy\Pictures\01AARV's\2014-07-12

You cannot link to a photo from your personal computer. It has to be hosted on a webserver.

Try dragging your photo into this webpage, and copy&paste the link provided in your post? It does all the work of uploading your photo to an image hosting service, and returns a link which is tailored to forum requirements.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Technical Support

> Picture posting problems
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Technical Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS