cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell and Mifi signal booster recommendations?

muzikman45
Explorer
Explorer
We are camphosts in the state parks in our area. And just about every host site we've been to we have a weak or bad cell signal. We use Verizon Wireless for our service and have Samsung Galaxy S5 cells, and a Mifi for our internet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what signal boosters are better for our cell phones and Mifi? We have 4 cell phones and 1 Mifi, so a single user booster won't work. There's a few of them out there and we can't spend hundreds of $$'s. Maybe you folks out there in the RV'ing world have some experiences of what NOT to get, and what works great for you. We would love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks so much, and happy travels!
7 REPLIES 7

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
If you have four cell phones and a MiFi device I would figure a way to put away a bit every month to buy one. It is a one time cost.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
They all cost several hundred.. if you want one that works, that is.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's reviews of several boosters from the folks at Technomadia:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/resources/mobile-cellular-boosters/
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Maximum Signal Max Amp RV booster that has kept us connected even in areas where the carrier coverage maps show no coverage and areas where our previous WeBoost 4G-M didn't work well. On the inside, the multi-directional repeater antenna gives us a good signal throughout the coach and even under the extended awning outside.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

MrWizard
single device 'cradle' type less than $200, approx $149

local area inside RV for multiple devices avg $400 on the low end and go up from there

IF there is a cheap multi-device model, i am NOT aware of it
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
We have a WeBoost we use in our 32' 5er, the ante a is on top of 20' of non metallic emt at the back of the 5er, and the base and broadcast unit is mounted in the bedroom. There are distance requirements and that is how we met the distance requirements. Works great with our phones and AT&T cellular hotspot.
We were in a host sight with almost nonexistent cell services, once installed we had very good reception. Not Cheap about $400.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
I use a WeBoost amplifier I bought from Wilson. I paid an extra $100 for the larger coverage area unit for my stick house. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS MODEL. It is cheaply built and only works about a 1/3 of the time.
Dave
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL