cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trona Gem-O-Rama Trip

dedmiston
This weekend was our kick-off trip for the desert season. It was still a little hot to ride, but it was perfect for camping and going to the Gem-O-Rama event.

I didn't take very many pictures, but I'm sure eDUBz can post some. He takes better pictures than I do anyway.

It was great to finally meet eDUBz in person. What a heck of a nice guy. His family is wonderful and his kids were perfectly behaved. It was fun to see them explore and play in the mud out there.

Here are my shots of camp and the drive out to Trona. I put my phone away once we got to the mud field.

Camp:

Fish Rocks:

Campfire Therapy:

Three out of four of our dogs soaking up eDUBz's shade:

Two of our exhausted dogs resting at home:

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
16 REPLIES 16

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
What is the Gem-O-Rama event? I have a degree in geology, from many decades ago, that I never used. That is something my wife and I would really be interested in. Wife and I were in Cal City this weekend - first ride since March. Weather was perfect, not hot, not cold, not crowded on the trail. Stopped by Randsburg for a short visit on Saturday around 2PM, got a T-Shirt and headed on back to camp.

Mike

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
the local lore goes that if you're a young dating age kid that's where you take your girl to "kiss her where it stinks"
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
All the burgers Trails was cooking up masked the smell.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

dedmiston
nayther wrote:
How did the newbies do with the Trona stench?

It was surprisingly mild this weekend. I took the bullet and pretended it was me.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
How did the newbies do with the Trona stench?
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
nayther wrote:
I was going to ask if you saw any of the Invaders race, guess so.

Did you get the names of any of the equipment operators at the Trona mine? One of our members Mike is a heavy equipment operator there.

I didn't recognize the pump operators. They were good guys though. They did a great job with the pump and with crowd control.

There used to be a guy who ran the crowd control (we called him Grandpa Buzzkill), but he wasn't there this year. It seemed to run more smoothly with your buddy's crew taking care of crowd control.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:
Teagle wash down below, quiet a bit of campers down there for a race.

I was going to ask if you saw any of the Invaders race, guess so.

Did you get the names of any of the equipment operators at the Trona mine? One of our members Mike is a heavy equipment operator there.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
Great pictures. I knew yours would be better than mine. :B

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Teagle wash down below, quiet a bit of campers down there for a race.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
weird how when you say ok you can take your
Seat belt off on this dirt road, it turns into a This burst of excitement and mini celebration

Kids went to town like they have done this before ๐Ÿ™‚

Blow hole time!

My daughter and her friend got a nice
Lil haul.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Early morning Camp shots

Headed to the blow hole

Searles dry lake

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a fun trip.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

dedmiston
eDUBz wrote:
We had a great time, the kids really enjoyed it and looking forward to next year. They are still meticulously cleaning those gems up. I got some pics, should I post them here?

You bet. Mine kinda suck.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
We had a great time, the kids really enjoyed it and looking forward to next year. They are still meticulously cleaning those gems up. I got some pics, should I post them here?