cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What sheet size?

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
I tried to do a search because surely someone has asked this, but I didn't find anything.

We bought a 2017 Bullet 247BHSWE (our first RV). We don't get it till next Friday, but of course I'm already planning the stuff we need. I can't seem to find the dimensions of the beds. I assume the queen is a full size queen? The bunks are the odd cut-away double size.

Any suggestion what sizes, where best to buy, other suggestions? I found bunk sheets at Camping World online, but I can't tell if they're for the right size bunk...
16 REPLIES 16

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
edd210 wrote:
I would wait until you can actually measure the bed. We bought a 2017 Coleman 192RD and the specs say it has a queen bed. When we measured it We found that full size bed sheets fit the best. Queen sheet were much to large.

X2. Rv bed dimensions are all over the place and they change without notice
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

edd210
Explorer
Explorer
I would wait until you can actually measure the bed. We bought a 2017 Coleman 192RD and the specs say it has a queen bed. When we measured it We found that full size bed sheets fit the best. Queen sheet were much to large.

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
We have short queen. I took a queen fitted sheet and sewed a 3” tuck starting on a side ( right across the middle) to the other side. This shortened the sheet 6” and it fits our mattress perfectly but you need to try it on at this point to be sure. If ok, lay the tuck flat and stitch down OR do a “flat fell seam” which is similar to the side seam on jeans. Any seamstress can explain. The place where you begin and end this seam may not be beautiful or perfect, but it’s on the sides and tucked under the mattress anyway. My good quality garage sale sheets are much cheaper than specialty rv sheets !

Grateful_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
We use standard full/double sheets on the bunks. We got sheet corner straps (sold at wal mart) that have clamps on each end and about a 10" piece of elastic. They take up the extra slack on the cut corner.

We like to cook - so out kitchen is stocked - couple cast iron pans, non-stick pan. Large pot, small pot, couple baking sheets, and a cast iron griddle that fits on my camper grill.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Our Kitchen stuff is Dollar store and Goodwill items. That is to say they are inexpensive and somewhat disposable.

Things can get knocked around pretty good in the camping world. 🙂
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
Dollar Store. Great idea! Thanks!

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
It's a short queen and the bunks can utilize sheets for a double. In both cases you will need to tuck the excess underneath as well as be able to contort yourself in ways you never though possible. It's not easy to make the beds in these units, but it's better than no camper at all.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
I have to second The Dollar Store for kitchen and dinnerware stuff. You really don't need much... one sauce pan, 1 skillet, a big spoon, a big spatula, a few plastic plates and bowls, some cups, some silverware, a good knife. I don't use half of the kitchen stuff I originally thought I needed.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
"There are several things that are surprising me about stocking a trailer. A lack of specifically sized sheets, for one, and it seems it would be helpful to have some sort of kitchen stocking kit. Something that provides lightweight, durable plates, cups, utensils, pots, pans, etc. all as one kit. Maybe that's being a bit lazy... "

For kitchen supplies especially the 'Dollar Store' is your best friend, light weight, inexpensive and not a big deal if it gets lost or broken.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
Bullet TT's that size have short queens.. 76", 4 inches shorter. Just tuck the excess under.
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
At least I'm not the only one that can't find the specific dimensions. Sounds like tucking is the way to go.

There are several things that are surprising me about stocking a trailer. A lack of specifically sized sheets, for one, and it seems it would be helpful to have some sort of kitchen stocking kit. Something that provides lightweight, durable plates, cups, utensils, pots, pans, etc. all as one kit. Maybe that's being a bit lazy...

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
The specs indicate the main bed is a queen size, (doesn.t specify reg queen 60x80 or short queen 60x75). I use the same sheets as at home, bought from Sears, Walmart or wherever. In the RV, short queen, I just tuck the last 5 inches fitted sheet, under the foot end, never had a problem. I know others will buy clips?? to hold the corners.
On my overhead bunk, 2 piece mattress, I use twin size fitted sheets, tucking the excess in.
For your bunks, doesn't specify width, you may need full size or twin size sheets and tuck the excess under, foot or sides.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Our TT queen mattress is near enough, that our home queen sheets fits corner to corner; but even with the foam pad we added, the thickness is too thin and we have to tuck the bottom of the fitted sheets under.

Like many things, the TT industry plays fast and loose with dimensions.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Cant tell if your model has a full sized or a short queen, in trailers in that size range, many have a queen that is only 76" long instead of the standard 80"

On the notched doubles, we used to only use flat sheets and just tucked those. The same can be done with the short queen if needed.